BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer revealed the automaker's plans for the future, which include a BMW X1, a smaller SUV that will complete their X-line.
Here is a quote from his long speech:
Here is an outlook until 2012:
- We would like to confirm the announcement of the BMW X1. This model is going to complement the successful X family, together with the BMW Concept X6 presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
- Furthermore, we decided to manufacture a four-dour Gran Turismo based on the CS concept study showcased in Shanghai.
- Another result of our strategy is that we will not build a space-functional concept. It will be replaced by a fundamentally altered concept. What I am talking about here is a new segment. We currently call the concept Progressive Activity Sedan or PAS in short. Expect this concept to introduce its own interpretation of the sedan and to surprise you with intelligent features.
- As far as Rolls-Royce is concerned, we would like to confirm our plans for the third variant of the Phantom: a coupe. Moreover, we reevaluated and confirmed an additional Rolls-Royce model during our strategic review. It will slot in below the Rolls-Royce Phantom in terms of both size and price.
- At MINI, we opted for a further model in the sports activity vehicle segment.
- We will continue to extend the range of products under our BMW Motorrad and Husqvarna Motorcycles brands in the years ahead.
An AWD SUV with a biturbo engine will be something that I will be looking forward to.