World Debut – First Video: BMW 1 Series M Coupe fully unveiled

1M, Featured Posts | December 8th, 2010 by 34
1Mvoor2 750x500

Minutes ago, BMW took off the veil of one of their most-hyped products in the last few years. After months of teasing and painfully slow stripteasing, the BMW 1 Series M Coupe is showing its goodies.

The fine details that make or break a car are finally revealed and at a first glance, the car seems to deliver on the expectations.

An aggressive body kit inspired by the M3 Competition Package, wide skirts, lower riding position and dominating front bumper.

More details will follow shortly, for now, enjoy the first video of the 1M brought to you first by BMWBLOG.
bmw 1 series coupe videp 655x348

Photos captured through video by Zwiep of GCF.

34 responses to “World Debut – First Video: BMW 1 Series M Coupe fully unveiled”

1. Lariv says:

The 1 Series coupe has always been a nice looking car but this is incredible.

2. Tom says:

YES!! soo sick! pure M

3. XC says:

Absolutely LOVE IT!

4. Joe says:

Super amazing!

5. Giom Mouton says:

This car looks spectacular! Imagine those M3 wing mirrors… this car is serious!

6. ///M5Manny says:

We have “lift-Off”

7. Hugo Becker says:

’bout dam time – I can only take so much teasing ; -)

8. Sick!!
    I love the PIRAT 1 plate.

9. Andrew says:

Glad to finally see it! Looks very aggressive and very fast!

10. Daniel Hoang says:

Technical specs and road test please.

11. Mac135 says:

Very nice, I’l trade my 135 in for this. I heard they still are not sure if they fixed the hpfp and are playing it by ear and will deal with it on a one off basis which is pretty sad. I hope it doesn’t have all the other problems the n54 has. Such a cool car but the n54 has to many problems so I hope that they addressed them properly this time.

12. Wooo hoo. says:

OK OK…. it’s nice, given the video and nice editing.

I just would never be in the market for something like this. I suppose that it’s something akin to the 335is…. a little more exclusive than the ‘average’ 1er.

Nice job BMW.

13. Clinton says:

Stig revealed again?!

Too bad my lease is up in 16 mo. Otherwise, deposit down.

14. Looks gorgeous, especially from the front. Love the body kit. I think this car would look even more amazing in black. I am curious to know what the MSRP will be… ? In the 30k’ish range perhaps? Or more??

15. Steve says:

This car is a gift from God. The 1M is a car made by BMW enthusiasts FOR BMW enthusiasts. If any BMW fan worked at BMW and they were allowed to create a BMW, this is definitely the car everyone would’ve dreamed to make.
    We don’t even have to dream any more, it’s finally here. This for me is the ultimate modern day expression of what a BMW should be

16. FreudeKing says:

Looks nice! But why is there an old man driving in that video telling me it’s my turn??? That’s the weakest point in this video. They should be putting a young person behind the wheels of this car in a promo video!!!

• Hugo Becker says:

Well I guess the head of M pulled rank. That was Dr. Kay Segler in the car.

• XC says:

Mayyyyybeeee that’s why… (lol, that was embarrasing freudewhatev, rofl)

• Shane H says:

i also think that the worst part of the vid is that man speaking….spoiled the entire promo in my opinion….. to be honest, i don’t think many people will know who this man is (i don’t either) and such a promo vid should appeal to the public

• FreudeKing says:

Of course I know who he is, but I don’t think that his image fits the target market of this car and the general public will most certainly not know who he is. So having him in the promotional clip without showing people who he is is just messing up the clip.

• bob says:

That settles it, FreudeKing. You ARE completely clueless! FCOL…

• bob says:

To wit or witless.

“But why is there an old man driving in that video telling me it’s my turn???”

Are you soo presumptuous to think Dr. Segler is actually talking to YOU?! That’s pretty funny. Perhaps a better question might be, Why is the CEO of BMW M GmbH saying it’s OUR turn? LOL!

• FreudeKing says:

Of course I know who he is and was just evaluating this clip in the eyes of the target market. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT BULK OF THE PEOPLE BUYING THIS CAR WILL KNOW WHO HE IS??? I DON’T THINK SO! SO WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING PUTTING HIM IN THE CLIP WITHOUT TELLING PEOPLE HE IS THE BMW M BOSS???

If you do such a thing in your marketing, you are telling people that the person you put in the clip is the sort of people that should be driving this car, and this is not the message that they should be sending out.

So before you laugh next time, consider all facts.

• bob says:

IF YOU HONESTLY KNEW WHO HE WAS THEN, YOU WOULDN’T HAVE REFERRED TO HIM AS “an old man”; BUT, YOU DID. OWN IT!

FURTHERMORE, FOR THOSE MOST INTERESTED, THE ONES WHO REGISTERED FOR UPDATES ABOUT THE 1 SERIES M COUPE HAVE HAD TO ENDURE A VERY LONG TEASE FROM BMW ///M…WITH DR. SEGLER THERE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, PROVIDING SELECTED GLIMPSES OF DETAILS.

CONSEQUENTLY, FOR PEOPLE WITH A CLUE — YOU DON’T! — THEY WOULD KNOW THAT DR. SEGLER’S SAYING, “Now it’s your turn.” MEANS THE TEASE IS FINALLY OVER.

• FreudeKing says:

because it was a generalisation that I referred to that. Of course I know who he is.

BTW: I also registered at that website but did not go on regularly to check out the new stuff becasue the newsletter was terrible with mere text, didn’t excite me enough to go on everytime they send me an e-mail (another marketing failure). Also, unfortunately I do not have time to watch hundreds of clips and photos of the car covered up in camo or that black car cover with just a tiny bit exposed. So I would rather wait for the official launch to see the entire thing as I didn’t have high hope for this car.

I WILL NOT ACCEPT DEFEAT! I KNOW WHO HE IS, JUST GENERALISING. You can see that I am not the only one thinking it was bad taste to put that in…..HAHA In your face!

17. paul says:

ahaha i am sooo glad i got my E46 CSL!!! weights less, sounds much much much much much…wait…MUCH better than this, is faster, more powerfull and is now a classic…and best of all cost me 10k less than this will. Plus despite beeing almost 10 years old if I was to sell it today i would loose maybe 5k and with this car in 2 years it will be worth less than my CSL does today!!! I just dont get how bmw in 10 years coudnt make the tech from the CSL stream down the this model at a more affordable price.

• wazon8 says:

blah, blah, blah. We are happy with you. But it’s more than senseless to compare this car with CSL, not mentioning about comparing prices of new and used car. Unlike CSL, this car can serve as everyday car as well as race track car, so its market target is a bit different. You obviously don’t understand, why this car has limited output. Have you ever made any business in your life? Man, you cannot make one of your product faster and cheaper than the other one (in this case M3 e92), because you will loose significant number of customers for more expensive product! That’s why 1M is slower than M3 and of course CSL which was priced very high in past.

As for technology developement, do you try to say that BMW didn’t make anything better than CSL? Then you’re worng. There is GTS. Like it or not, but this car took CSL over 2 sec. on Heckenheim Short – that says a lot about the difference between these two cars.

18. paul says:

and i bet my girl drives better than this too

• wazon8 says:

To what does “this” refer to in “better than this”? Do you compare your girl with cars? Something is strange about you.