This 2001 E39 BMW M5 could be your cheap ticket in

BMW M5, News | December 9th, 2017 by 15
E39 BMW M5 830x553

We recently learned that the E39 BMW M5 will almost certainly begin to balloon in value, becoming almost too expensive to reasonably own. That’s due to the high demand of the E39 M5, which is largely regarded as the best M5 of all time. The already high demand will only get higher thanks to the brand-new F90-gen BMW M5 becoming all-wheel drive, thus making fans yearn for the older, purer M5s (despite the new one being excellent). So this specific 2001 E39 BMW M5 could be your cheapest ticket into the club.

Currently up for auction on Bring-A-Trailer, this 2001 E39 M5 is in really nice shape and the current bid is quite cheap. At the time of writing this, there are only two days left on the bid and it’s only at $8,600. For an E39 M5 with only 74,000 miles, that’s pennies.

E39 BMW M5 1 830x467

Admittedly, this car isn’t a minter. There are some minor rock chips in the paint and it apparently has some minor parking scuffs. No big deal, especially for a car as special and incredible as the E39 M5.

Under the hood lies a 5.0 liter naturally-aspirated V8, which sends power through a six-speed manual to a rear-differential which helps roast its rear tires. It’s an incredible engine, too, one that burbles at low revs and sings at high revs.

This specific car, while not absolutely perfect, is still in really good shape. It’s also in a desirable colors scheme, being black on black. The paint is good for its age, the leather is still in great condition and the entire cabin as a whole is clean and free of wear.

E39 BMW M5 2 830x467

To be honest, for around $10,000, there isn’t another used car I’d rather have. Not only are you getting a naturally-aspirated V8-powered BMW sedan with a six-speed manual and rear-wheel drive but you’re getting one of the finest driving sedans ever made. All with under 100,000 miles. It’s difficult to pass that up. So if you can swing the cash, take a look at this E39 BMW M5.

[Source: Bring-A-Trailer]

15 responses to “This 2001 E39 BMW M5 could be your cheap ticket in”

1. kenny sauray says:

It is nice, but the E39 is not known to be a reliable car, at that mileage it certainly doesn’t have much life left.

• Lee Wegner says:

Ahhhhhhh, my ’01 has 201,000 mile and still does burn outs. I think I can get another 100 out of her.

• Terry Cowan says:

The Mercedes troll is not in reality.

• Dailybimmer says:

The mercedes troll is not in good shape at all like his stupid E63S who lost the battle utterly against the King M5F90.

• kenny sauray says:

M5 beat the faster sedan on the market? How did I miss that comparison? Can you guide me to that head to head? Even if the M5 managed to be faster than the E63, The Merc is the better car overall, this is coming from a 5 series owner.

• kenny sauray says:

I have them in my shop and most required major overhaul after 100k. Don’t listen to that kid!he doesn’t own a car and the last time he got embarrassed so bad on herehe had to delete all of his posts. All he does is attack other members.

• disqus_erddcNOVZm says:

You don’t have a member to attack. BMW are so rarely in your shop that you have to kill time typing about them. Guess you can’t read that this beauty is 2 decades old. Reliability must be why you never see an M5 cab. Just Mercedes. If he deleted his comments he was probably trying to get away from your stink.

• kenny sauray says:

Very incoherent response, must be a 14 year old kid

• kenny sauray says:

A can is chosen base on reliability, efficiency and safety. This incoherent response did not help your case, you are simply telling us the MB cars are better because they were chosen by can companies instead of BMW, which also have tried to get in that business. there are a few BMW cabs when I travel to England so I don’t see why giving all the credits to MB.

• 001FJ says:

I have a 2003 530i with 270,000km (170,000 miles) and still runs strong. It’s a beautiful car in every aspect. But I have heard the M5 E39 is quite pricey to repair.

2. stratomartin says:

Happy to report that my 2000 e39 540 m-sport with 220,000 miles is running as strong as ever. Does not burn a drop of oil and I just put a clutch in 5000 miles ago. My original clutch lasted over 200,000 miles.