Matt Russell, BMW NA M Brand and ALPINA Manager, and Tim Reiter, BMW Body & Paint Technical Specialist, tell us more about the washing and maintenance process of the matte paint colors.
Among many tips for those owners with “frozen” paint finishes, here are a few that stand out:
- Use a regular shampoo and insect remover
- Microfiber cloth, wax, sealant and final inspection cleaner can damage the matte paint
- Do not polish or wax the vehicle
- No mechanical means of cleaning the surface
- Remove insect remains, tar and other residues immediately