Last month, BMW of North America launched a limited edition of the BMW M3. Sold under the name BMW M3 Frozen Gray, the limited M was available only to the first 30 buyers to call in and reserve a production slot.
Continue Reading Below
The thirty 2011 M3 Coupes were claimed in less than fifteen minutes after lines open, but the car also comes with a ….fine print. According to Bimmerfest, BMW is making the Frozen Gray M3 owners sign an agreement that they understand the care the “frozen” paint finish requires.
The agreement states that the warranty does not cover the matte paint if it is damage by the owner as a result of negligence, lack of maintenance or proper care, environmental damage or improper repairs.
Here is list of suggestions from BMW:
- Never polish or wax the frozen gray paint as it could lead to a glossy surface.
- If washing your frozen gray M3 in a automatic car wash (you should be killed) choose a car wash that does not apply vehicle wax. Rinse the M3 with high pressure water to remove dirt before sending it through the automatic car wash to avoid scratches from sand, dust and other micro-particles.
- Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge.
- Avoid strong rubbing while cleaning the frozen paint. BMW sells suitable products for maintaining the frozen paint at your local dealer.
- Repairs to the paint (scratches, dents, etching) must be completed by a BMW trained body shop. Most auto body shop will not be capable of repairing the frozen gray paint.
The 2011 Frozen Gray M3 Coupe was launched near the 25th anniversary of the original BMW M3, which is now at its fourth generation. To mark this moment, the M3 Coupe dedicated to BMW enthusiasts will be painted in a special matte-gray paint, Frozen Gray, with a deep metallic luster, which highlights the athletic contours of the M3.
The interior will be unique too, a combination of Fox Red / Black bi-color Novillo leather.
MSRP is $77,600, including Handling and Destination. As a bonus, each purchase of the 2011 Frozen Gray M3 Coupe got the owners a one-day enrollment at the BMW Performance Driving School in Spartanburg, South Carolina.