BMW M6 Gran Coupe gets airtime on Top Gear

BMW M6 | February 3rd, 2015 by 14
bmw m6 gran coupe horse edition 750x500

In the last episode of Top Gear, Top Gear takes the powerful, modern BMW M6 Gran Coupe to the Australian Outback

If you ask anyone who knows cars to describe an M car, they’d all say the same things; fast, light, simple and pure. The BMW M6 Gran Coupe can only be described by one of those adjectives — fast. The M6 GC is a very different kind of M car, but that doesn’t make it bad. In fact it’s magnificent.

In the last episode of Top Gear, the three gents take powerful, modern GT cars to the Australian Outback to test the merits of modern luxury/sports cars in incredibly harsh conditions. Jeremy Clarkson decided that his car would be an M6 GC.

Many proclaim that the M6 is too big, too luxurious to be a proper M car. However, Clarkson seems to think otherwise. “With this car, M cars are back, they’re properly back!” Said Clarkson.

bmw m6 gran coupe austin track 02 1024x6821 750x499

READ ALSO: BMW M6 Gran Coupe Test Drive

Watching the new Top Gear was a treat and the M6 GC was the reason why. It looked spectacular, flying through the outback, drifting through dirt covered hair bends, with that gloriously styled body covered in dirt and dust. It was also able to handle the extreme conditions of the Outback without batting so much as an eyelid.

The episode was also one of the best in a very long time, filled with some great cars, good adventure and funny as ever. But it was the M6 GC that stole the show for me.

BMW m6 gran coupe test drive 04 750x500

Yes, the M6 GC isn’t the purest M car, but it’s a new style of M car and I absolutely adore it. The GC is the epitome of fantastic overindulgence. It looks breathtaking, sounds excellent, and drives incredibly. What more could you possibly ask from an M?

The M6 GC is something I covet dearly, and thanks to Jeremy, Richard and James’ most recent adventure, I’m left dreaming of owning one.

14 responses to “BMW M6 Gran Coupe gets airtime on Top Gear”

1. jason bourne says:

Link?

2. OZ says:

Absolutely love this car

3. Mike Boyd says:

The episode of Top Gear (S22E02) featuring the M6 Gran Coupe is one of the very best! Up against a Nissan GTR and a Bentley Continental GT V8 the M6 performed very, very well. Look out for the open cut mine race – the blend of vision and music is epic!

4. Mike Boyd says:

• Horatiu B. says:

Still waiting for an online upload.

• Horatiu B. says:

Still waiting for an online upload.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Yes, I hope for the whole series to be as exciting as the first two episodes. Going for 3 not really cheap GT cars and then set about ruining them out in the wild is a Top Gear first :-).

What more – I really like to hear the M6 Gran Coupe is an amazing ride compared to its competitors, compared to M cars as well, every video out there featuring this car is just about how brilliant it is. It even has the approval of the TG trio, now that’s pretty rare thing to happend! Have to be fabulous car though, love it as well!

• Mike Boyd says:

I covet the M5 with all my heart and the M3 and M4 are drawing high praise globally, but the M6 Gran Coupe is a sleeper hit. What I cannot understand is why it costs AUD$70,000 more than an M5 and is near as makes no difference double the price of an M3 sedan.

• Mike Boyd says: