2017 BMW 5 Series – Rendering

Rumors | December 20th, 2013 by 12
2017 bmw 5 series rendering 750x500 2017 BMW 5 Series   Rendering

In 2017, the seventh generation BMW 5 Series will come to market. The 2017 BMW 5 Series uses a new platform shared with the next generation 6 Series and 7 Series.

There are very few confirmed details about the new 5 Series, but the biggest change with the new model comes from weight savings. BMW aims to shave off at least 100kg (220 pounds) on average over the current car and its engineers are implementing lightweight materials, such aluminum and carbon fiber in the chassis and body panels.

2017 bmw 5 series 2017 BMW 5 Series   Rendering

The styling of the car will follow the current design trends, with a sleeker roofline and sportier look, along with elongated headlights that flow into the kidney grille. The evolutionary design builds atop the current F10 5 Series which appeals to a wider demographic.

Under the hood, the Bavarians plan to use the new family of three cylinder engines which will give 150 horsepower to the entry-level diesel while the fuel consumption is rated at 3.0 liters per 100 km, or 60 MPG.

Early stage prototypes are currently being tested on the road.

2017 bmw 5 series rendering 750x388 2017 BMW 5 Series   Rendering

2015-bmw-5-series

12 Responses to “2017 BMW 5 Series – Rendering”

1. Sihle says:

Hope The design team and the engineers do not change much from the current 5er

2. Michael says:

I really like these renders even though they reflect an evolutionary design change. Love the current 5er but would love to see a new, revolutionary 5er as well.

3. Marius Rotaru says:

I hate their new ‘exposed grill’ gimmick and other design shenanigans that have made some of their cars look tacky. The 5, 6 , and 7 series have made it through unscathed and are unequivocally the best looking models that BMW has to offer. I hope either their new design will look nothing like this, or that this current gen will last a while. “Revolutionary design” doesn’t necessarily mean it will be good.

4. iNoob says:

Hyundai? I thought this was a BMW blog? :) Hehe.. Just kidding, but I hope the next gen 5 series won’t look anything like this, if so I rather keep my E60 another 7-8 years :)

5. Juras says:

three-cylinders engines in 5 series??? damn… I’ll beter keep my E39 :P

6. Jurek Zarzycki says:

three-cylinders engines in 5 series??? damn… I’ll beter keep my E39 :P

7. Mike says:

I hate the “headlights that flow into the grille” idea, it looks awful in the current 3/4 series!! Please don`t do that to the 5 series as well!!! Stick to normal, separated headlights!

• Horatiu B. says:

I guess that’s the current design language and they will stick by it so all cars follow the same principles and customers will find it easier to move up or down the models.

8. mcMAC says:

please make something evolutionary like the e60….

9. viper says:

don’t like it , they need mean headlights and different grille design , engines will be top as always ,needs complete interior redesign