BMW premiered today the first M coupe model with four-doors. BMW M6 Gran Coupe joins the existing Coupe and Convertible models in the line-up and it is built atop the 6 Series Gran Coupe model.
Just like the M6 Coupe, the Gran Coupe variant features a carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) roof.
The recommended retail price Germany of the BMW M6 Gran Coupe is 128.800 €, including 19 % VAT. Market launch will be in May 2013, followed shortly by a North American debut.
Just The Facts
Power & Transmission
- S63Tü high-revving V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology
- 412 kW/560 hp
- 680 Newton metres (502 lb-ft) on tap between 1,500 and 5,750 rpm, while maximum output is developed between 6,000 and 7,000 rpm.
- The engine revs to a maximum of 7,200 rpm.
- 0-60mph in 4.1 seconds
- 155mph top speed (electronically limited)
- Seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
- Launch Control function for maximum acceleration
- Low Speed Assistance for extra comfort
- Auto Start-Stop function to enhance efficiency.
Chassis, Suspensions, Brakes
- Integral rear axle, double-wishbone front axle has specific kinematics and components made from forged aluminium
- Chassis mountings using large panels
- M-specific version of the Dynamic Damper Control system and hydraulic variable-ratio rack-and-pinion steering with the M Servotronic function
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) that includes Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Dynamic Brake Control (DBC), Brake Assistant, Brake Fade Compensation function, a Brake Drying function and Start-off Assistant.
- BMW M6 Gran Coupe can also be ordered with M carbon-ceramic brakes: The brake rotors measure 16.1 inches (410 mm) in diameter at the front and 15.6 inches (396 mm) at the rear.
- The M Carbon-Ceramic brakes are 42.8 lb (19.4 kg) lighter than the standard brakes
- The diameter of the standard brake rotors is 15.7 inches (400 mm) at the front and 15.6 inches (396 mm) at the rear.
- Two M Drive buttons which can be used to call up a pre-configured setup for the car.
- M Head-Up Display
- Lightweight seats with integrated belt system