ClipperCreek, the popular maker of electric charging stations, unveiled a new expansion card for their HCS product line of charging stations. COSMOS is an option for the Level 2, 240V ClipperCreek HCS Series and can be added to any HCS Series charging station for just $184.
Continue Reading Below
COSMOS was designed for developers, system operators, and system integrators; it features a simple digital load management interface, as well as UART Serial Communication interface for more advanced connection to third party monitoring and control systems. The ClipperCreek UART Serial Communications protocol document is available to any interested developer by contacting ClipperCreek for details.
Available UART Serial commands include:
- Set EVSE Pilot (available power) level – 5 levels
- Monitor vehicle connected status
- Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
- View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
- System defaults to hardwired digital load management if serial communication lost
Digital Load Management Interface features:
- Four levels of output power control
- Optically-coupled Open Collector output – pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging
- for charging
“With the acceleration of the electric vehicle market, there’s an increased need for charging infrastructure. Many companies desire integration of EV charging with existing building energy management systems”, said Jason France, President and Founder of ClipperCreek. “COSMOS® is a comprehensive interface that can be utilized by a variety of systems, but is extremely affordable.”
ClipperCreek’s Director of Sales, Will Barrett, said, “COSMOS® allows users to easily add EV charging to existing building and energy management or other control infrastructure, leveraging what they already have in place to get the features they need at the best value. The COSMOS® digital and serial interfaces are both being successfully used by several companies and developers today.”
COSMOS® –enabled HCS charging stations are delivered fully assembled with a communication conduit for external access to serial and digital load management interfaces. COSMOS® is compatible with the ChargeGuard™ key-based access control, and “Ruggedized” HCS charging stations.
Features of the COSMOS® HCS charging stations include:
- Digital load management interface for easy integration to building energy management systems
- Easy integration with third party monitoring and control systems
- UART serial communication interface
- Control charging power, view station status, monitor vehicle connected status
- Available in 32 Amp or 48 Amp power levels
- ChargeGuard™ key-based access control option available
- Ruggedized option available
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Next generation SAE-J1772 connector with optional padlock feature
- 25 foot charging cable to reach multiple parking spaces
- NEMA 4 rated enclosure for installation anywhere
- Three year warranty
- ClipperCreek customers are supported by an exceptional customer service team
- Made in America
For more information please visit https://www.clippercreek.com/cosmos/ or call ClipperCreek at 877-694-4194.