Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 18.4 percent in October for a total of 24,017 compared to 29,439 vehicles sold in October, 2015. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is down 9.0 percent in the U.S. on sales of 254,150 vehicles compared to 279,395 sold in the first ten months of 2015.
Notable vehicle sales in October include the BMW 7 Series which increased to 1,133 cars, the BMW X1 which increased to 2,710 vehicles, and the BMW X3 which increased to 3,680 vehicles.
“The volatility of the U.S. market is more clearly evident as the pace of sales continues slowing from the peak of 2015,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “At the same time, BMW Sports Activity Vehicles – X1 to X6 – have set a new record, more than 100,000 sold year to date, accounting for 47% of our October sales, with room for more growth as demand for these popular models continues to increase.”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported October sales of 27,971 vehicles, a decrease of 16.6 percent from the 33,526 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 9.6 percent on sales of 297,015 vehicles in the first ten months of 2016 compared to 328,456 in the same period in 2015.
MINI Brand Sales
For October, MINI USA reported 3,954 automobiles sold, a decrease of 3.3 percent from the 4,087 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 42,865 automobiles sold, a decrease of 12.6 percent from 49,061 automobiles sold in the first ten months of 2015.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, October 2016
|%||YTD Oct. 2016||YTD Oct.|
|BMW passenger cars||15,453||21,067||-26.6||172,865||200,142||-13.6|
|BMW light trucks||8,564||8,372||2.3||81,285||79,253||2.6|
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- October 2016 sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set an October record with 11,310 vehicles, an increase of 18.2 percent from October 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set an October record with 21,811 vehicles, an increase of 39.7 percent from October 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 190,546, a 23.8 percent increase from the first ten months of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In October, sales of MINI Certified Pre-Owned set an October record with 1,016 vehicles, an increase of 1.7 percent from October 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales also set an October record with 2,457 vehicles in October 2016, an increase of 9.3 percent from October 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 23,760, a 5.2 percent increase from the first ten months of 2015.