Just days ago, BMW announced the new iDrive Navigation System. Armed with a faster processor and additional video processing capabilities, along with 250 GB of storage, the new ConnectedDrive navigation system delivers enhanced usability, with greater visual appeal, and better reliability.
Continue Reading Below
Some of the new features introduced this week are the 3D mapping, Dictation function, split screen guidance, called ‘High Guiding’ and a new iDrive know, dubbed Touch.
Here is a summary of the new features introduced:
- The new generation of the BMW Navigation system Professional boasts more powerful and impressive performance than ever, featuring a design rendered entirely in 3D, a modified display and control concept as well as a host of extra Navigation, Office and Multimedia functions.
- Dictation function with full speech recognition system: for the first time, the driver is able to compose short texts for emails and SMS messages while driving by simply dictating them. Meanwhile, the function for recording voice memos then sending them by email ensures that any flashes of inspiration at the wheel can be instantly preserved.
- BMW iDrive Touch Controller: following the addition of a multi-touch touchpad, not only does the Controller allow characters to be entered with the finger, it lets drivers navigate in maps and websites or magnify them.
- Product debut: the BMW LTE Car Hotspot ushers in the next generation of mobile internet. This particular accessory makes the
- BMW Group the first car manufacturer to bring the ultimate in high-speed mobile internet to the road – and, what’s more, for every BMW.
- Integration of smartphone applications from third parties: the BMW Group’s Software Development Kit (SDK) facilitates the integration of third-party apps into the vehicle’s native control and display logic, allowing drivers to use their favourite apps in their car, too.
To showcase these technology updates, BMW releases a series of videos.