LEAKED: 2016 BMW 7 Series pricing, options and design

7-series | June 7th, 2015 by 33
BMW 7er 2015 Konfigurator 08 750x500

On June 10, the new 2016 BMW 7 Series is celebrating its official world premiere, however, there are new detailed photos and some more info leaked ahead of its unveil.

The online configurator on bmw.at provides gives us a partial look at some of the design features and interior details, but we’ll have to wait just a few more days for high-res photos.

The new BMW 7 Series G11 is offered at market launch in October 2015 with three engines; there is the BMW 740i with 326 hp from the new six-cylinder B58, a BMW 750i xDrive with 450-hp twin-turbo V8 and a single diesel, BMW 730d with the new B57 six-cylinder engine producing 265 hp.

BMW 7er 2015 Konfigurator 17 750x289

7 series leaked

In addition to the engines, the configurator also reveals the colors of the 7 Series: the color palette comprises of Alpine White, Carbon Black, Black Sapphire, Black College, Cashmere Silver, Glacier Silver, Imperial Blue, Sophisto Grey, Mineral White, Singapore Grey, Jatoba, Magellan Grey and Arctic Grey Brilliant effect. The wheels program includes many light-alloy wheels with 17, 18, 19 or 20 inches in diameter.

BMW-7er-2015-M-Sportpaket BMW-7er-2015-Konfigurator-15 BMW-7er-2015-Konfigurator-14 BMW-7er-2015-Konfigurator-13

It is also exciting to look at the optional extras and at some of the interior tech.

Perhaps the most exciting pictures show the BMW 7 G11 with M Sport Package and adaptive all-LED headlights, which are available at an additional cost of 1,800 euros in Austria. In general, the prices for the new 7 Series in Austria start at 100,445 euros for the 730d, while the 740i has a base price of 107,690 euros.BMW-7er-2015-Konfigurator-08

Click here for all images:

33 responses to “LEAKED: 2016 BMW 7 Series pricing, options and design”

1. Riley Taskman says:

WOW! It looks…almost exactly the same as the current generation 7 Series!

…It’s okay.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

LOL what?? Have you actually seen the current generation? Like… ever? xD

If it looked just like the current 7er, it would have been great, but for me, it is a change for worse. But hey, thumbs up for the weight savings! Might be superb to drive… and you don’t have to look at it while you’re sitting in it …:))

• Kaisuke971 says:

Yeah i know all this stuff but the look of the car has to be the little plus to really take on the S-Class but if it looks like that… I mean if they can make the 6 series, and the F8x they can make a car far more beautiful than that. I really hope it’s not exactly how it looks, or that in real life it’s better because… Here it looks Kia-esque :/

• Icebreakerr says:

looks nothing like last gen wtf are you blind?

• Riley Taskman says:

Can you look at this picture of the current 7er and honestly tell me there isn’t even an iota of a resemblance?

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

“almost exactly the same” x “an iota of a resemblance”

… in like 13 hours. Damn, times are changing so fast!

• Riley Taskman says:

Cute. Love how you took the context out of that sentence. I said it looks almost exactly the same, but I asked the other guy if he could tell me that there isn’t even an iota of a resemblance; as in, “do you not at least see that the two cars share the exact same shape, the C-pillar, the fact that the headlights are generally the only thing a normal person could use to tell these two cars apart? Can you AT LEAST see one of those things, because I see all of them!”

I can’t believe someone would be so defensive over what looks like a mere refresh of a vehicle. And yes, I know it’s a redesign and not a refresh, just in case you want to try to use THAT against me, too.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

:’ )

ok, you got me. The new 7er is not designed to be a bus or a plane, so indeed the two cars “share the exact same shape”.

• Riley Taskman says:

The Porsche Panamera is car, too. Arguably in the same class the 7 series. Do they share the exact same shape, too? Since they’re both cars?

I don’t even hate the new 7, I’m just pointing out how it hasn’t changed much in the looks department. There were a lot of BMW fans who expected more from this redesign. Excuse me for having the feeling of being disappointed.

• Icebreakerr says:

M6 GC competse with the panamera. or 6 series gc. i think its changed a lot

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Well it looked so the way you described the resemblance w/ the F01 :). Now you came up with this last reply, I think I can even agree with you! Exactly that, but “hasn’t changed much” doesn’t mean “almost exactly the same”. For some examples of that look at VW group, they are just switching badges on their cars quite often.

• Matt Stokes says:

That picture reminds me how much I like the F01 LCI… and so far I think the new 7-er is utterly m’eh. So beyond the styling cues you’d expect on a BMW 7-series, I don’t think they look much alike.

2. Shark says:

This car is wooooooooow look how classy and modern it looks the highlight are beautifull, both exterior and interior are better than the s class

3. Kaisuke971 says:

Is that it ? That’s the thing i’ve been waiting for ?
    It’s something ‘-‘

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Wait some more for the official introduction ;-). Think this WILL be a giant leap forward, remember we are talking a 100k BMW.

• Kaisuke971 says:

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Yep, I’m a bit dissapointed by the looks as well, but M-paket might be a solution, up to a certain point. But you are still left with that not-exactly-beautiful headlights n’ tail lamps. Or we just have to wait for a facelifted version to (hopefully) get rid of that problem.

• Icebreakerr says:

youre blind m sport looks so good

• Kaisuke971 says:

I’ve seen a satin black M6 Gran Coupe, which looks good (one of the best looking cars in the world). But what i see there ? Most BMWs are better looking than it. In fact i’ll have an hard time finding worse ( maybe the Tourer twins, 3/5 GT, and that’s it).

• Icebreakerr says:

satin black 7 in m sport that will make you happy

• Tom says:

I can tell you, you have to see it in real, it looks way better than the S-Class!

4. viper says:

So far looks very good…looks kinda streched though

5. Icebreakerr says:

M sport looks so good

6. whateverdude says:

Prepare yourselves for a disappointment on 6/10/15.

7. Matt Stokes says:

Not loving it so far, not ugly, just m’eh. I’m sure it will look better in the metal though.

8. Giom says:

Are they still set to reveal the new Seven today?

9. […] поколении баварского флагмана. На австрийском сайте BMW Blog опубликовали фирменное фото новинки, а также […]

10. […] поколении баварского флагмана. На австрийском сайте BMW Blog опубликовали фирменное фото новинки, а также […]