What new BMW would you buy

7-series | January 30th, 2015 by 16
2015 bmw 760Li price 750x500

It’s always fun to daydream about the day you win the lottery, or create the next big mobile app, and money no longer becomes an object. That’s the American dream; to constantly be optimistic about the future and fight as hard as possible to make yours as fortunate as possible. So let’s dream about what kind of BMW we’d buy if/when that day comes and money is no object.

Just go on to BMW’s “Build Your Own” car configurator and pick build your very own BMW. Then we’ll all share our cars and discuss. I’ll start:

Firstly, I didn’t want to pick an M Car, as that was a bit too obvious. I wanted to pick something a bit different. And, money being no object, I wanted to go expensive, obviously. So, I decided to go for the Big Daddy, and get the 7 Series. Not just any 7 Series, however, the 760Li. The 760Li is the long-wheelbase version of the 7er, but with a big, hulking, 535 hp, twin-turbo V12 under the hood. It also comes only in rear-wheel drive, which is just icing on the torque cake.

2015 bmw 760Li price 750x395

Here comes the fun part. These are all the boxes and features I checked to make this particular 760Li my own:

Car:”2015 BMW 760Li, $141,200”

Lines: “M Sport Edition, $4,000” – Only one Line option available, but regardless of how many options, I was going to go M Sport anyway.

• “19” V-Spoke wheels
  • M Sport Package
  • BMW Heads-Up Display
  • Top and Side View Cameras
  • 20-Way power seats
  • Leather finished Instrument Panel
  • Soft-Close Doors
  • Concierge Service

Exterior: “Black Sapphire Metallica, $0” – When choosing a 7 Series with a V12, Black just looks the business.

2015 bmw 760Li price options 750x385

Interior: “Ivory White and Black Nappa Leather with Burled Walnut Trim, $0” – There’s just something about White on Black that looks right, to me, in a car like this. The Burled Walnut also looks fantastic in contrast to the White and Black leather.

Packages: “M Sport Package, $0 (included with M Sport Line)” – Automatically selected when choosing the M Sport Edition.

• Aerodynamic Kit
  • M Sport Steering Wheel
  • Gearshift Paddles
  • Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
  • Shadowline Exterior Trim

Options: “Total, $7,900”

• Massaging Rear Seat, $200
  • Enhanced USB and Bluetooth, $500
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System, $3,700
  • ACC Stop & Go with Active Driving Assistant, $1,200
  • Night vision with Pedestrian Detection, $2,300

Total: “$149,150”

2015-bmw-760Li-msrp

The fun part about making these cars, at least for me is, not just ticking every box you can to see how expensive it can get, but picking the options and colors I’d actually choose. Not because of money, just because that’s what I would want to drive. So that’s my 760Li.

Go to BMW’s Configurator and see what you can come up with. There are no rules, just come up with the exact BMW you’d love to drive every single day, money being no object. Have fun and share what you came up with!

16 responses to “What new BMW would you buy”

1. Daniel Johnson says:

Better yet, go to the bmw.co.uk and do the same, but for the cars we can’t have in the states :'(

I would get a 335i M Sport Wagon with manual transmission.

2. milky_cereal says:

M6 Gran Coupe for $146,480.

3. Mike Vella says:

I already picked out my next hatch to replace the GTI, and it’s not a BMW, so if the 428 were ready to trade right now and money was no object, I would flip a coin on these two –

I know, extremely different.
    But I haven’t ever seen an orange one in San Diego (M3 or M4, as a matter of fact) and only have seen one silverstone M4 on the freeway.

4. Guest says:

135 with M package – oh wait – I’ll need to move to Europe. : )

5. FoggyAgave says:

There you go. 135 with M package – though I’ll need to move to Europe. : )

• FoggyAgave says:

Not BMW – but little sports cars make the heart beat – 2016 Miata MX 5. I had a ’90 for a few years – a blast – but kept going back to my 2002.

6. Ashfaqur Razzaq says:

I wanted to build the Alpina B6 but no configuration options so went with the 650i Xdrive

7. Alex F says:

Had to go to the Belgian site, but here it is, LCI M6, Frozen Brilliant White w/ black 343Ms (although I’d personally get the 433Ms from the GC), Individual Champagne w/ Auburn Red & Ind. Alcantara headliner, B&O (a must), vented/massaging seats, LCW & Surround View, and since we’re pretending money is no object CCBs purely for the looks. I wish there was an option to delete that rear spoiler from factory though, it’s such an eyesore, screams try-hard to me

8. TIGER says:

Long time lurker here this post made me chime in lol. Moonstone M6 GC with Amaro Brown.

Now I need to go work for this/

9. CDspeed says:

I’d go classic, and buy a 503 convertible.

10. William C. says:

If i had the money these would be my choices:
    – BMW 760Li Individual lamia.bmw.it/i3y8f9i7
    Exterior: Azuritschwarz Metallic
    Interior: Amarobraun/Schwarz Full Merino Leather (Individual)
    Sport automatic trasmission
    All available options
    Final price: about 194000 Euro (220,000 USD)

– BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe (or 435d xDrive) with M Sport Package lamia.bmw.it/i3y8f9i7
    Exterior: Tananit Blue Metallic (Individual)
    Interior: Opal White Full Leather (Individual) and Fine-wood trim Fineline anthracite
    All available options
    About 92000 Euro (105,000 USD)
    I’d also buy an i8 and the new 2015 BMW M135i

11. jason bourne says:

It would have to be a 2-Series Coupe… The rest are just luxobarges.

12. jesse says:

thanks to the configurator on the build it yourself tool on bmw i was able to get my dream car 750i with m sport kit/luxury and executive package $98,000.00