BMW M6 Concept Renderings – This is just wrong!!

Rumors | November 19th, 2009 by 29
BMW M6 Concept 4 729x500

We have been debating on whether we should post this article or not, but in the end, the urge of getting your feedback won. Before we jump into the article, we would like to say from the beginning that our intention is not to put the rendering artist in a bad light, but rather to point out some facts.

Dave Cardoso, a graphic artist from Belgium, created new renderings of what a future generation BMW M6 could look like, of course, all based on his ideas.  While we can’t deny his rendering skills or 3D modeling, we can’t say that we’re big fans of his work. Clearly the images below show us a car that has no ties to BMW’s past, current and future design language and if it wasn’t for the kidney grille, it could have passed for any other brand out there.

Yes, we’re aware that this is most likely a design exercise as many we have seen before, but truth is that we would like these artists to learn more about BMW’s design history and future plans, and ultimately come up with some viable solutions.

8630032 655x455The next generation BMW 6 Series and M6 is rumored to feature some elements from the canceled CS Concept, giving the new model a stunning look.

The new 6er will launch in 2011 with the M6 following in 2012.

[Source: Carscoop ]

29 responses to “BMW M6 Concept Renderings – This is just wrong!!”

1. michael says:

he should have submitted to Hyundai for future rendering of the genesis coupe.

2. Russell says:

This is a Nissan – a cross between the 370Z, the Skyline coupe and the GT-R.
    From the thumbnail I thought he’d used the Vision Concept for the styling language, but the closer you look, the less BMW it is. There’s not even a Hoffmeister kick!

3. Kodey says:

Looks like a stupid Honda Accord coupe…

4. billy says:

so why aren’t you criticizing the m-zero concept?

5. The rear is actually pretty nice, but the front looks like a wanna-be Hyundai Genesis coupe! I wouldn’t mind having the rear, though…

6. KidrauhlM5 says:

Owh boy the rear and the side reminds me of Hyundai Tiburon :| The front is very bad.

This is clearly not BMW’s design language. COMPLETELY!!

7. Straight Six says:

If you look at the 2nd photo it looks like it’s crashed, hehe.

8. c.o says:

oh no!!! looks like a seat ibiza (sideview)

lol very ugly

9. Andrei M says:

Fire him ! :)

10. Auday says:

lol, I like it that you couldn’t hold it this time Horatiu :)
    yeah I think it’s an ugly version of the New Hyundai.

11. joe says:

they might use this car as the next bat mobil :)

12. Vaybach Khan says:

well he is bad artist,just look at the bmw logo and its out of symmetric…
    i think this guy want pass the test…its like he put all 5 min of his time into this…

13. Andrew says:

Things that will never get you a job at BMW Design Group: This rendering!

14. Patrick Lien says:

I wouldn’t say there’s *zero* BMW design language. Just at a glance you can clearly tell that the E89 Z4 is the starting point for this exercise. And there’s more of a traditional Hofmeister kick here than in the X3/X1. But the proportions do seem more Nissan than BMW. The front is not elegant, and seems rushed. The rear, although there are a couple of nice things going on there, it has very little BMW design language, and the whole thing is not very consistent or harmonious at all.

15. Bruno says:

I think it’s a very nice looking car
    BUT as you said: it’s nothing like a BMW!!! i think it looks like something asian :s

16. M6 fan says:

the front is just awful but from the rear it isn’t so bad I think but anyway this isn’t the right design for the new M6

17. Babken says:

The man who made this “painting” must have been drunk. My advice to him: go and become a mercedes designer. You don’t understand anything about BMW.

18. Doug says:

Wow…. I thought I was hard on designers….

I actually kind of like this. I think he’s actually nailed some of the BMW elements, like the edge that flows from the shoulder, over the fender toward the center of the nose. This swoops across, and the headlights and kidney grills follow this. The fender/quarter panel design framed by this edge is definitely BMW.

There’s a lot of aspects suck or aren’t really BMW, but this dude has made a very interesting basic design and integrated many elements into it very nicely. The shapes are .. cohesive, and contribute to a the overall design, which often isn’t the case..

Just tone it down a bit (ok, a lot) and clean up the front end, esp all the edges, and this could be quite cool. IMHO.

19. efoza says:

I told you all that you will miss Bangle when he is gone. NOW is the time to agree with me.

20. Mike Messer says:

It looks sort of like a 2010 Zenvo ST1 from the side.

21. viper says:

weird imagination , will never come to life though

22. ///-Game says:

disaster…..horror….to ugly to say anything….blah…awfullll….cant belive that some1 even deared to think to draw this….i´d burn the paper it has been designed on….in this case the computer….this uglyness should be ilegal….

23. travelgeek says:

no positive comments?

– its not a good looking car – I don´t like it at all, regardless the brand

– without badge and kidney grill, I would never imagine that the designer hat a BMW in mind

– Dave Cardoso is maybe good as a designer but nor for cars…

24. ///-Game says:

perhaps he is a good designer, but the designer that knows just a little about bmw would not think about doing this..this is just wrong for any brand…my advise for him is to take the catalog or contact me to send him pics to see how does bmw must look like…

25. Abimael says:

me gusta la nueva vercion bmw m6 esta brutal mi papana me gustaria cambiar mi carro en un futuro