In the mean time, the M235i was spotted in Europe, fully uncovered, and featuring the classy and beautiful Alpine White paint job.
Prices for the BMW M235i begin in Germany at 43,750 euros, with eight-speed automatic the base price increases to 46,000 euros. Already included in the price are the M aerodynamics package and many other components of the M Sports Package like the 18-inch alloy wheels Double-spoke 436 M.
The upcoming BMW M235i will sell for $43,100 in the United States.The new 2 Series Coupe, and implicitly the M235i Coupe, will make its debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.
BMW M235i Coupe specifications
- Six-cylinder in-line gasoline engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology (twin-scroll turbocharger, High Precision Direct Injection, Valvetronic variable valve timing, Double-Vanos)
- Capacity: 2,979 cc
- Output: 315 hp at 5,800 – 6,000 rpm
- Max. torque 332 lb-ft at 1,300 – 4,500 rpm
- Acceleration [0 – 60 mph]: 4.8 seconds with 8-speed sport automatic transmission
- Top speed: 250 km/h / 155 mph
- Preliminary EPA Mileage Estimates (mpg) – 22 city/32 highway/25 combined for the 8-speed sport automatic. 19 city/28 highway/22 combined for the 6-speed manual