First Video: 2012 BMW 3 Series

3-Series | October 14th, 2011 by 10
307383 10150425217831303 309506851302 10793190 8619920 n 750x500 First Video: 2012 BMW 3 Series

Today, BMW unveiled the 6th generation 3 Series. The new 2012 BMW 3 Series will come to showrooms in February 2012 and brings a series of innovations, both in the design and technology area.

The new BMW face, with elongated headlights reaching along as far as the BMW kidney grille, emphasizes the new BMW 3 Series’ sense of width and strengthens its athletic overall profile. The sixth generation of the 3 Series has grown moderately in size compared to its predecessor, with its wide track (front + 37 mm/1.46 in., rear + 47 mm/1.85 in.) particularly prominent, and the car’s length (+ 93 mm/3.66 in.) and wheelbase (+ 50 mm/1.96 in.) also accentuates its sporting allure.

307383 10150425217831303 309506851302 10793190 8619920 n 655x491 First Video: 2012 BMW 3 Series

Inside the new BMW 3 Series Sedan, the rear passengers will appreciate the noticeable increase in space made possible by the larger dimensions. And the BMW 3 Series range is now also available in a trio of trim and equipment variants – the Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line. Each presents its own individual take on the character of the sports sedan, with exclusive, high-quality material combinations and unbeatable build quality underlining the premium ambiance of the new range.

Let’s have a look at the first video of the new 3 Series.

10 responses to “First Video: 2012 BMW 3 Series”

1. Grovedale says:

Still a overly cautious, and uninspired design.

• Patrick Lien says:

In BMW’s cyclical product cycles, the F30 was always going to be a more conservative, evolutionary design:
      E21 = first 3 series, big change from predecessor 2002
      E30 = evolution of E21
      E36 = big change from E30
      E46 = evolution of E36
      E90 = big change from E46
      F30 = evolution of E90

• Grovedale says:

I understand product cycles, and BMW has turned super conservative now Bangle is gone, but if you just react to other car makers, you risk much. I am refering to Audi mostly, they are taking the design chances BMW used to take, and will reap the benefits.

• Alex says:

It seems that people like you are never satisfied – you and the likes of you were bashing Bangle cars for their “ugly butt”, now you bashing it for being conservative. I suggest you take a closer look at Lexus, or Audi – they all look the same and haven’t changed their design since 80’s. In fact, I bet you love both.

• Grovedale says:

I can only speak for myself, but some of the Bangle designs are still fresh and ahead of the curve, ie, the last generation Z4, and the 5 series. Soon to be classic.

• Patrick Lien says:

Well, to be fair, I don’t believe Grove is saying Bangle was conservative. Indeed, I think he wishes the F30 was as audacious as some of the more “infamous” Bangle designs.To that point I’d say that I would never expect BMW to take great styling chances with the 3 series. It’s their bread and butter and their volume leader.

As for the so-called conservatism of the von Hooydonk era, I would hardly call the i8 a conservative design. It is no longer a mere concept car, it is slated to go into production much as you see it today (I’ll be waiting to see how that actually pans out).

But I agree with you that I find the Audi sedans incredibly boring. To me they look like bars of soap with headlight and tailights.

2. Guykoh says:

boring swee series

• Fredyschiftan says:

Beautiful 3 series great job!!!    it will keep the tradition and all others will stay behind .   Soon they will start to copy the ideas of the new 3 series , cant wait to see it at the showroom.