Visitors of the Tuning World Bodensee will get a first impression of a tuned BMW M2 delivering 420 horsepower. Engineered by Laptime Performance, the M2 gets a series of upgrades to prepare it for demanding race tracks. The tuning project kicked off with a KW Clubsport coilover with adjustable mounts, which can provide an optimal setup for each track. The standard wheels and tires were also swapped out and the M2 now rides on 20 inch wheels Leggera HLT Type OZ wrapped in ultra high-performance tires from Dunlop measuring 245 mm in the front and 265 in the rear.
Continue Reading Below
The most important aspect of this project is the increase in performance by a whopping 50hp using a software optimization by mcchip-DKR for a total of 420 horsepower and 580 N of torque. The motorsport performance was optimized even further with an adjustable rear wing and a large carbon front splitter. The M2 is wrapped with vinyl which resembles the famous BMW Motorsport colors.
With the significant power increase, the M2 by Laptime is now expected to deliver a 0 to 100 km/h time of less than 4 seconds.
These are the details of the BMW M2 LT:
- 20-inch wheels (type OZ Leggera HLT)
- Recaro bucket seats
- Black kidney
- Dunlop ultra high performance tires
- Adjustable rear wing
- Carbon Front Splitter
- 2002 turbo optics foiling (colors of BMW Motorsport)
- Lowering (KW Clubsport coilover with adjustable mounts)
- Performance Tuning – (chip tuning software optimizing mcchip-DKR to 420 hp and 580 Nm of torque)
- Sport exhaust system (info outstanding)