The 2014 BMW 6 Series receives several updates for the North American market.
Active Protection has been added to all 6 Series models to initiate protective measures for occupants if an accident situation is imminent: front seatbelts are pulled tight, windows and moonroof are closed, and brakes are automatically applied after crash. Includes Attention Assistant, whereby the system’s electronics analyze driving behavior on the basis of various signals such as steering angle, road speed and other engine parameters. If the system increasingly detects signs of fatigue starting to build up, it issues a notification via the central Control Display to encourage the driver to take a break.
- The Driver Assistance Package (ZDA) is now Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB). Pricing has not changed ($1,900).
- Option 5AS Active Driving Assistant replaces 5AD Lane Departure Warning in the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB). 5AS includes Lane Departure Warning functionality, but has been expanded with the addition of pedestrian warning and approach control warning with light city braking.
- Option 5AT ACC Stop and Go + Active Driving Assistant replaces 5DF Active Cruise Control and now includes the additional functionality of approach control warning with full braking. 5AT also includes the Lane Departure Warning functionality now offered in option 5AS Active Driving Assistant and is offered as an upgrade to 5AS within the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB) for an additional charge of $1,200. As a stand-alone option, 5AT pricing is $1,900 (previously $2,400 as option 5DF).
- X11 Individual Frozen Bronze Metallic Paint is now available on all 6 Series models (previously only available on the Gran Coupe).
- Pricing for the ZI1 Individual Composition Package has increased by $300 and Individual Paint pricing has been increased by $150.
The 6 Series M Sport Edition became available as of June and is available as a 6 Series Convertible, 6 Series Coupe and as an all new 6 Series Gran Coupe.
The M Sport Edition includes:
– Power rear sunshade (not for 6 Series Convertible)
– Manual rear sunshades (Only for Gran Coupe)
– Front ventilated seats
– Multi contour seats (standard equipment on 650 Gran Coupe Models)
– Contrast stitching
– 4 zone automatic climate control (Gran Coupe)
– Instrument panel with leather finish
– Ceramic controls
– Full LED Lights
– Automatic high beams
– Head-up Display
– Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster
Pricing for the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition adds $4,600 to the base MSRP of the 6 Series Convertible, $4,800 to the 6 Series Coupe, and $5,300 to the 6 Series Gran Coupe.
The 6 Series Convertible Frozen Brilliant White Edition became available as of April production. Developed exclusively for the US market and limited to 100 units, the Frozen White Edition available on 650i/xi Convertible includes Individual matte paint, contrasting black mirror caps and kidney grill, select 20″ wheels, a standard M Sport Package, a Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster and other interior upgrades provided via a standard Executive Package. Production was limited to April/May 2013.
Model Year 2014 began with April 2013 production for all 6 Series models. At this time, xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive became available on the 640i models. It had already been available on the 650i Coupe and Convertible since 9/11 and was launched with the 650i Gran Coupe in 7/12. All-new for the 2014 model year, the 640i xDrive Convertible, Coupe, and Gran Coupe joined the 6 Series family to complete the 6 series line-up. All 6 Series models received the next generation Navigation Professional system with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features.
Pricing for the 2014 6 Series:
640i Gran Coupe
640i xDrive Gran Coupe
650i xDrive Coupe
650i Gran Coupe
650i xDrive Gran Coupe
640i xDrive Convertible
640i xDrive Coupe
650i xDrive Convertible
All prices include $ 925 Destination & Handling