Watch the launch of the new BMW 7 Series

7-series | June 10th, 2015 by 12
2016 bmw 7 series individual 1900x1200 images 03 750x500

Watch the launch of the new BMW 7 Series. BMW is kicking off the launch of the new BMW 7 Series with a live stream from the BMW Welt in Munich.

The official press release and photos will follow shortly after the press conference.

The brand’s flagship is in its sixth generation and aims to set a new benchmark in the segment with its lightweight design, driving dynamics, comfort and luxury features, intelligent connectivity and extensive cabin tech.

The all-new BMW 7 Series will be introduced in the US as a 740i and a 750i xDrive model; the company has yet to say if other models will follow.

12 responses to “Watch the launch of the new BMW 7 Series”

1. Kaisuke971 says:

This is finally a very beautiful car :O
    I love how sporty the car looks. It is very dynamic, and it looks luxurious as well. The chrome line totally works with that design, which is somehow more simple AND more complex at the same time.
    I hope the interior will follow (we haven’t seen it that much), and the the M Pack will look good as well.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

o.O

Sporty and dynamic? It seems that I’ve seen a different car, though :). But I’d take the one w/ the M pack anytime.

• Kaisuke971 says:

That’s weird but the non-M Pack looks less like an M-Pack than than the M-Pack itself. Well at least to me.
        Just by looking at the car it’s way more dynamic than the old one, don’t you think ? It looks like it’s always moving ! Just by looking at it i can see it talking corners like a 2 series haha.
        Well you notice straight forward that it’s the sportiest of the segment, at least to me.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Well…. as I’m looking at photos…. I think it is growing on me, you might be just right :)

• Kaisuke971 says:

Dude when i watched it in live, with BMW teasing me like a bastard and with the shitty leaked photos in my head, i was so worried…
            But then they unveiled the car, and just WOW. The more you look at it, the more you love it. But then i saw the M-Pack and, well, the back is gorgeous but the front is weird.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

I was kinda “m’eh” for the whole ceremony, but as I said, I think the M pack is actually quite good and the rest (the standard package and the car as such) is definitely growing on me. Right now I’d love to see it in person and have a comparison to the F01. Like dimensions-wise, I love how the F01 is just ginormous, way, wayyy bigger than the other cars when parked in a row on a street, looks just like a big ass ocean liner to me:). Every single time I see one out there, I have to stop and have a look for a moment, I really like the F01. What a shame the N63 engine is such a crap T_T. The new one seems to be even a bit bigger, just as the F01 is to the e65. Look at the front of it, I guess it takes like ten seconds to walk from one end to the other :)

2. joseph_rma says:

Mighty car, no less.

3. Meder says:

omg I was 7 series fun, but this 7-er absolutely shitTTTTT! New S CLASSE the best! I hate 7 e r 2015.

4. Jeremy Snyder says:

1.) terrible showmanship– why the HECK are they awkwardly reading off NOTES?? instead of engaging the audience their heads are buried, looking down at NOTES. completely un-engaging. lame. 2.) lots of cool tech in the car, and the interior looks good………. but I strongly dislike the weird front headlight shape (the glass surround, not the new angel eyes themselves), and i strongly dislike chrome on a BMW– both the wheels and the air blade or whatever they’re calling it on the side are ghastly looking.

• Billy The Hillbilly says:

Right?!? I was let down a bit as well, at least Mr. Krüger should do without notes, he’s such a high-ranked representative that he just should. But at least Mr. Hooydonk did and it was a pleasure to watch. Fresh, crisp, with a high level of insight, pretty fluent and without breaking a sweat. Not as engaging and fun to watch as Mr. Bangle was, but still up to the standard of such a presentation.

5. Jeremy Snyder says:

from certain angles it looks like a previous generation Toyota Avalon– NOT a good thing.

6. Dereklsj says:

I like the longer wheelbase for this type of car, high end luxury, although I haven’t seen the specs yet. By utilizing the longer wheelbase, it makes the car much more stable at higher speeds, minimizes the feel of roads in disrepair, and ultimately gives the passengers in the backseat more comfort and room. I do anticipate it will deliver on these benefits. The owner of this car is just as likely to be riding in the rear seat as they are driving the car. I think that was taken into account, but not flatly stated. I’d like the opportunity to experience this car in person so I may see all of the new technology this car offers, for example the removable tablet in the rear which gives “control of the vehicle from the rear as well.” I think BMW has done a fantastic job of recreating the 7 Series, which I’m sure was quite a task given it’s predecessors. I do hope that with the “M Package”, they offer a substantial bump in power, especially in the area of torque, which is in particular importance in a large car not feeling like it’s lacking in something.