Video: BMW Efficient Dynamics TV Commercial

Videos | May 17th, 2008 by 22

Love BMW's TV Commercials. They always bring something unique and don't even get close to make me wanto to switch the channel while the commercial is running. The latest one makes no exception and it is really a cool video. I love the surrounding they have chosen again.

Any idea who is usually behind the BMW commercials? Is it an outside company that handles them?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dzwtiWp-6I[/youtube]

22 responses to “Video: BMW Efficient Dynamics TV Commercial”

1. RawAutos says:

I love the Efficient Dynamics badge. Donald Sutherland has the perfect voice for this particular ad.

2. Adi says:

Lexus has better commercials,but overall BMW has a better marketing strategy.

3. Horatiu B. says:

Adi, you’re right, I agree. I also love the voice with the german accent that they usually use :)

4. Holly says:

Does anyone have any idea what the music is? I’ve been trawling google but with no luck so far. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

5. Horatiu B. says:

Not sure Holly, maybe someone else can help us

6. Matt says:

The music was created specially for the ad. WCRS handle the advertising account for BMW UK.

7. Holly says:

I’m not sure, because the same music was used in an advert for an HTC Touch advert in 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjdgkFYw70w

8. Matt says:

It’s on another ad because its an agency library track, however the HTC Touch ad runs only in the US, whereas the BMW licence for the track is global. I’ll try and find out what it’s called.

9. Allison says:

I LOVE the efficient dynamics advert for BMW- a creative mix of the visual and auditory, natural and technological. It really hit the spot! Who would have thought you could make poetry about a car?

10. Danny says:

Matt, have you found the name of the track yet? because it’s an axcellent piece of music and I would love to get hold of it. I have tried to search for it, myself, but turned up nothing.

11. Danny says:

The track name is “Rays Of Light”. I am not sure of the artise yet, but the album is calles “Essential Underscores 4”. You can listen to the full track here: http://www.sakuranotes.jp/Music91580.html
    I know I am good, you don’t have to thank me. lol.

12. Matt L says:

Danny, you are hero!! I have been searching for this for weeks! I even emailed the BMW ED head office, PR dept and even they couldn’t help me!!

bless you!

13. steve k says:

Thanks for posting the music link, do you know if there is any way to download it as an MP3.

Thanks

14. Thomas Davies says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjdgkFYw70w copy this link
    http://www.vidtomp3.com/ paste it on this
    then you’ve got the bmw efficient dynamics song

15. Thomas Davies says:

Once it’s downloaded, go to your user, then app data, then local, then temp, then it should be saved as vidtomp3 and there will b a number after that
    cut, paste it into music and rename it

enjoy

16. ali says:

Thomas,

your an absolute GEM u know that!
    thanks a lot!!

Its amazing how so many people want this song!

17. Ann says:

I really like the music on the BMW comercial where the driver passes by a couple of guys riding bikes and drives to work at the BMW factory. Do you by chance know the name of the song/music? I looked on Sukura Notes online music – they are they same sound but the particular one I like was not on the list. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks alot,
    Ann

18. Kenny says:

Ya I’ve been looking for that one too, where they say, “high gas prices are nothing new.” I looked on google and what not with no success. A different blog said its from “Secret of Mana” but I couldnt find it through them.

19. Matt says:

It’s by a couple of guys called Matthew Corbett and Matt Wilkie.

20. John says:

Great track, sounds very much like the backing music to ‘Sense’ by the Lighning Seeds

21. John says:

Oops, no it doesn’t, thinking of the new commercial.