The new BMW 4 Series family gets a new member today. BMW’s first midsize four-door coupe comes to market under the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe badge.
The 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe arrives in the US in early summer of 2014 with two engine choices: 428i Gran Coupe and 435i Gran Coupe. Globally, at market launch, BMW will offer the 420i, 420d, 428i and 435i models.
All versions will be offered in the US with an 8-speed sport automatic transmission. The BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe will make its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014 and makes its US debut at the New York International Auto Show in April 2014.
Here are the important facts about the new BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe:
BMW 435i Gran Coupe – 3.0-liter power plant delivers 300 hp between 5,800 rpm and 6,000 rpm, thus contributing to the sovereign dynamics of the new Gran Coupe. Peak torque of 300 lb-ft is generated as low down as 1,300 rpm and remains on tap up to 5,000 rpm. The new BMW 435i Gran Coupé sprints from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.9 seconds
BMW 428i Gran Coupe – 2.0-liter engine delivers a maximum power output of 240 hp, which is reached between 5,000 and 6,500 rpm. Peak torque of 255 lb-ft is generated between 1,250 rpm and 4,800 rpm. The new BMW 428i Gran Coupe sprints from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.7 seconds.
BMW 428i Gran Coupe – $41,225, including $925 destination & handling
BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe – 43,225, including destination & handling
BMW 435i Gran Coupe – $46,725, again, including destination & handling.
- Length – 182.6” (4,638 mm)
- Width – 71.9” (1,825mm)
- Wheelbase – 110.6” (2,810mm)
- Track dimensions – 60.8” (1,545mm) front and 62.8” (1,594mm) rear
- Weight (435i automatic): 3,494 lbs / 3,660 (1585 kg /1660 kg) (unladen, to DIN/EU)
- Seats folded down – 45.9 cu-ft (1,300 liters)
- Trunk – 17 cu-ft (480 liters)
Sport Line – special body elements are highlighted in black, 18-inch or 19-inch light-alloy wheels, black trim strip and a tailpipe embellisher finished in black chrome
Luxury Line – 11 grille slats with chrome-colored fronts and the bright dual crossbar, light-alloy wheels – 18-inch or 19-inch, tailpipe and horizontal trim strip in the rear apron all finished in high-gloss chrome, Ivory White leather exclusive to 4 Series Gran Coupe
M Sport – large air intake up front, the diffuser insert in the rear bumper and rocker panel trim matching the color of the vehicle, M styling 18-inch and 19-inch light-alloy wheels, six exterior colors are offered with M Sport, including exclusive choices such as Carbon Black Metallic (which is available for the first time on any 4 Series) and Estoril Blue Metallic, M Sport brakes with calipers in contrasting blue paint finish.
Transmission– eight-speed sport Steptronic transmission
- Standard Servotronic power steering
- variable sports steering as an option. This uses different steering ratios depending on the amount of lock applied
- aerodynamic drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.27
- M Sport suspension with a firmer spring/damper set-up and more robust front and rear anti-roll bars
- Adaptive suspension – with its focused sporting set-up and electronically controlled shock absorbers
- M Sport brake system – four-piston at the front, two-piston at the rear
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- Active Blind Spot Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Full LED headlights