Rumormill: MINI Van to debut in Geneva?

Rumors | January 3rd, 2012 by 18
Mini Minivan fotoshowImage f17849b 407037 750x500 Rumormill: MINI Van to debut in Geneva?

The BMW rumormill is at its best this week. According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, BMW Group plans to unveil a new MINI-branded panel van at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Possibly dubbed MINI Cargo, the first van within BMW Group is apparently based on the Clubman model and is shaping up to be a work-ready hauler with the rear bench seat removed.

To stay true to its van designation, the rear side windows will be ditched for sheetmetal.

Mini Minivan fotoshowImage f17849b 407037 655x436 Rumormill: MINI Van to debut in Geneva?

A BMW van has also been rumored in the past. Known internally known as the Advanced Family Sports Activity Tourer, a BMW insider describes the BMW mini-van as a model mixing the space and flexibility of an MPV, the solidity of an SAV with the shape of a larger Touring model, but have maintain the car-like appearance.

So will BMW Group debut two vans in the near future? We’ll find out first in Geneva.

[Source: Auto Motor und Sport ]

18 Responses to “Rumormill: MINI Van to debut in Geneva?”

1. auaq says:

Not good. me don’t like it. mini should be mini; small, compact 2 door fun little car.

2. Tom Miller says:

what an ugly piece of crap. I see BMW is watering down the MINI brand yet again, shooting for soccer moms who want a piece of the action, I guess. Makes me not even want to drive my MINI anymore.

3. wazon8 says:

What is this? Not many in common with MINI, if it had different front design, I would believe it’s another one strange looking Japanese car.

4. empower says:

mini have already said the country man is the largest car they will produce so thats wait and see

5. Statuskill says:

GOOD!! Let Mini corner the BMW AG market on vans….Vans do NOT fit in the BMW brand image!

6. H.Movla says:

It is good for MINI brand, MINI not a premum car brand and BMW believes that MINI should be produce economic cars. It is good for BMW that BMW has a premium brand, and a economic barand. I think that it is good for MINI, because of if BMW did’nt buy MINI, this manufacture may be brought to a chinese or  indian car makers and MINI may be diedin 21th century.

7. michael verhoef says:

I thought the rumours were basically that the Mini Cargo was going to be a clubman with blanked out rear windows…

8. michael verhoef says: