2009 BMW Z4: First Official Photo

BMW Z4 | December 4th, 2008 by 57
2009 bmw z4 2009 BMW Z4: First Official Photo

Once again, BMWBlog is coming through for their readers. From the official 2009 BMW Z4 catalog, here is a teaser photo with the new Z4. Yesterday, we saw the first real photo of the 09 Z4 at a BMW dealership and I mentioned that within days we will get more photos released.

I hope this new photo will answer some of the questions that you had after seeing the real life shot. My opinion: STUNNING!!

The car will be a great hit as long as the base price will not be set too high compared to its competitors.

Update: It has been confirmed, it is definitely the real deal. The car looks a little bit disproportionate due to the brochure scan.

2009 bmw z4 498x331 2009 BMW Z4: First Official Photo

Thanks for the photo Tizi!

That’s it for now, we’ll be back soon with more exclusive news. But in the mean time, if you would like us to keep you updated on all the BMW news, please take a moment and sign up for our email feed. Get updates by email

57 Responses to “2009 BMW Z4: First Official Photo”

1. Frederico Silva says:

i like it…very mutch, is better than i tought :D

2. Aaron says:

Nice evolutionary replacement to the original Z4. Although, the headlights and taillights seem to have less character this time around.

3. miles says:

LOOK AT THAT REAR END! PURE HOTNESS!!!!!! ;D

4. bmwduder says:

Harotio this is a rendering dont be foolish

5. Horatiu B. says:

@bmwduder: It does look that way but I confirmed with somebody else and said it was the real deal. Hopefully I’m not wrong, but regardless, i couldn’t just hold on to it, I had to share it with everyone.

6. miles says:

this is no rendering…the side panels correspond perfectly with the real photo. remember…our first pics of the 7 were from a brochure..

7. NoChance says:

“STUNNING!!

The car will be a great hit as long as the base price will not be set too high compared to its competitors”

I hope the stealers will not charge a $20K to $40K market adjustment like they did with the M3

8. Horatiu B. says:

And confirmation:

It’s the real deal … although the pic you posted is a bit disproportioned.
    W:H ratio is not right. It’s too horizontally stretched.

Check the spy pics for the real proportions.

Otherwise it’s a scan from promo brochure / leaflet. Not a CGI, PS, or a render …

Also the headlights look very sleek – and definitely not too large.

Eyebrow element in the headlights, combined with 35i titanium trim (kidney grille, air intake inserts) looks SOOOOOOOO AGGRESSIVE on a Black car. So predatory.

9. Shawn says:

Shit, that’s really hot… Dammit, I was hoping this wouldn’t happen. Right when I’m seriously considering buying a Z4, they go and make a harder core new version… Thanks BMW.

10. roffle waffle says:

HOLY SH*T. that looks amazing

11. roffle waffle says:

@Horatiu B.: I don’t see a headlights shot..

12. Gragop says:

looks pretty good. best bits of the 6er and the old Z4

13. Horatiu B. says:

@roffle waffle: It was a quote from someone that works for BMW

14. clara says:

@roffle waffle:
    hey— roffle are you also on gizmodo?

My comment: Generally nice, but the charger/boxster rear fenders are questionable.

My question: What engine options?

15. roffle waffle says:

@clara: yeah, but I only posted there once or twice, literally

16. roffle waffle says:

Horatiu, any news on weight?

17. Horatiu B. says:

@roffle waffle: No news on the weight, but I’ll ask :)

18. matthew says:

looks exactly z3ish to me with bigger proportions adn updated style.
    z4 first gen was a good car and still is (especially the coupe) but this 1 looks a return to the past and cant wait to see the real front pic, i mean a good one, this car will look amazing

19. IQ says:

Hey guys, I made some adjustments on Photoshop to improve colors and dimensions of the car, please take a look here (@bmwblog.com – you may post this picture, if you want):

20. JJ in WNY says:

i’m happiest that bmw finally got rid of that awkward rocker-panel “dip” that was on the old Z4… now if they can only remove it from the 1-series!!! anyone else w/ me???

21. Lee says:

Wow… That looks really, really damn good. Hmmm… New Z4 + TT I6 + 6 speed. Sign me up.

22. bunker says:

too bad we’re not getting the horizontally “stretched” version that is shown in the picture, ’cause the stance of that sucker is BAD ASS. now all I need is a Z4 and a funhouse mirror…
    I do like how they cleaned up the rear end of the car though.

23. Malcolm says:

The image is a bit distorted but we can really make out as to what direction BMW is headed in with the design cues. Looks like a copped up 6 and 7 series together. Should be pretty awesome!

24. Horatiu B. says:

@roffle waffle: I was told that weight has not increased by much, I will have some figures early next week.

25. roffle waffle says:

awesome, thanks! My z4 3.0 weighs around 3000# with the sparco seats, so I’d hate to upgrade to a 3500# boat

26. mpower says:

wow !
    BMW does it AGAIN !!!
    love the look

27. bmw7er says:

the tail lights remind me of the vw schirroco, and i dont like the ugly anntena on the side. other then this – love it!

28. iq says:

Photoshopped (I hope this image works well):

29. Lawrence says:

?…Its better looking than I thought but to be honest, I was expecting a little more curves so it could have a more sexual appearence to it. BMW is a good car manufacturer but they need to concentrate more on exterior design, But again nice!

30. Sam says:

I love it!

31. JDM says:

I just not into Z3 or Z4 type of BMW enthusiast , I luv M3, M5 or M6.

2009 BMW Concept

32. Introducing BMW’s first roadster with a retractable hardtop. Now available for your driving creations on the canvas we call road.

33. The new BMW Z4 has attracted everyone with its new look and lead the competitors to think on the 2 seater segment……