BMW of North America issued a bulletin to all the US dealerships containing the ordering guide for the new 2012 BMW 3 Series. All the details can be seen below.
Continue Reading Below
The all-new BMW 3 Series Sedan was revealed in October and has already generated a tremendous amount of excitement with customers and journalists. We are pleased to announce that the 328i and 335i models started production earlier this week for our retail launch on February 11, 2012. Please note that the first two months of production will be used to produce your initial dealer stock. Every dealership will receive three 3 Series Sedans – two 328i models and one 335i. Each of the initial dealer stock vehicles will be equipped with the new optical Line Packages, outlined below.
The new 3 Series will be available in Online Ordering for January production during the week of November 7, 2011. To help you configure your new 3 Series Sedans, we are pleased to provide you with the Ordering Guide, with the complete package and option structure, along with the comprehensive content of the new design Lines.
Both the 328i and 335i Sedan feature BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology and the 8-speed automatic transmission (205). The 6-speed manual (ZMT) is offered as a no charge option. Compared to the previous generation (E90), the new 3 Series will feature enhanced standard equipment:
- – 6.5” color display with iDrive controller
- – Bluetooth connectivity
- – USB/iPod interface
- – One inch wheel upgrade (17” standard on 328i and 18” standard on 335i)
- – Dynamic Driving Control with ECO PRO Mode
- – Automatic Start/Stop on all engines and transmissions
- – Brake Energy Regeneration
- – Two cup holders in front of the gear lever and two bottle holders in the front doors
- – Floor matsThe new 335i Sedan includes the same standard equipment as its predecessor, including: Xenon Headlights with High-Beam Assistant, Wood Trim, Moonroof, Power Front Seats with Lumbar Support and Anti-theft Alarm System.
As announced in October, the all-new 3 Series will be available at launch with three optional equipment design packages called Lines: Sport, Luxury and Modern. There will be an M Sport Line available as of 7/12 production. Please note that the selection of Lines will not change model code or type. The Lines allow further individualization to appeal to a wider array of customers and offer conquest potential. The choice to equip a car with a Line determines the rest of the vehicle’s aesthetic configuration. It therefore occurs very early in the ordering process, right after the engine selection. The content of the Lines is described below.
The introduction on the new 3 Series of upper-segment technologies such as full-color Head-Up Display and Surround View has enabled us to define a package structure more consistent with the rest of the BMW range. The package offer will be as follows:
Technology Package (ZTP)
– Navigation System (609) – Head-Up Display (610)
Parking Package (ZPK)
– Rearview Camera (3AG)
– Surround View (5DL)
– Park Distance Control (508)
Premium Sound Package (ZPS)
- – Sirius Satellite Radio (655)
- – Harman/Kardon Surround SoundSystem (688)Optional Equipment
Additionally, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan will be available with a variety of new options:
- – Sport Automatic 8 Speed Transmission with Paddle Shifters and Quick Shift II Function (2TB)
- – Adaptive M Suspension (2VF)
- – Variable Sport Steering (2VL)
- – Parking Assistant (5DP)
- – Speed Limit Information (8TH)
- – 19” Light-Alloy Wheels (2A4), 335i only