BMW M2 leaked on the web

BMW M2 | October 13th, 2015 by 17
BMW m2 leaked 750x500

The new BMW M2 has just been leaked by Auto Express UK. According to Auto Express, the M2 gets a turbo 3.0-liter inline six turned up to 370 horsepower and 343 lb-ft of torque. An additional 25 lb-ft of torque comes from an overboost function. The gearboxes, brakes, front and rear axles, crankshaft and pistons come from the M4. It comes standard with a manual transmission, while a 7-speed DCT is optional.

The magazine says the M2 is 35 kilograms lighter than the M235i. All of that power allows the M2, with the optional M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT) in place and Launch Control activated, to sprint from rest to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.3 seconds (4.5 s with the six-speed manual gearbox).

Unfortunately, we still can’t release the full details due to an embargo, so stay tuned, we have much more to unveil.

BMW m2 leaked 750x490

BMW m2 leaks 750x500

17 responses to “BMW M2 leaked on the web”

1. Noel says:

The profile image looks nice. Not to crazy about the rear view.

• Horatiu B. says:

You will love the rear end. Stay tuned :)

• Kaisuke971 says:

Wher eare the M Mirrors though :/ ?

• Horatiu B. says:

No M mirrors. Unfortunately

• JRobUSC says:

why does everyone keep calling them “M Mirrors”, as if every M has them? The only models that have them currently are the M3 and M4. The M5, M6, X5 M, and X6 M don’t have them. They’re hardly symbolic of M when less than half the M models use them. The things that actually ARE symbolic of M (engine, transmission, suspension, differential, exhaust tips, wheels, and fender vents) are all on the M2. Would I mind if they were on there? Of course not. But I’m not going to whine about them not being on there as if they were “supposed to be”.

• Kaisuke971 says:

First you’re wrong: X5 and X6 M do use different mirrors. Main reason why M6 and M5 don’t i believe is because they came out before the M4/M3, so before they were generalized among the range (besides M2 apparently).
            And then being the smallest and sportiest “normal” M the M2 should have sleeker mirrors, just like the 1M did.

• Makman says:

Kasisuke971 is right, but still in most of the previous and current M-models the mirrors have been different. I mean if the M235I have different mirrors than the regular 2 series, how come a M-model doesnt? I still dont believe this pic as its a very bad one. Looks like estorilblue, not LLB. I still think they will use M-mirrors.

2. Kaisuke971 says:

Damn ! You couldn’t bright up my day better than that :D
    Looking forward to buy it used at the end of my studies haha I hope they’ll CSL this thing :o
    PS: you know a manufacturer does it right when the car looks better than every single render

• Senne says:

Haha! Great comment. Though, because it’s limited, the M2 will be worth more, not less. Just like the 1M. And I too hope they’ll make a CSL version! That would really rock! :o :D

• Kaisuke971 says:

It’s not entirely clear if limited or not. I could understand it being limited in the UK because RHD but other than that idk…

3. Brandon W says:

I am so excited for this. Does anybody else think that the 2 series headlights are the best looking headlights BMW makes?

4. Bradk87 says:

Is this even real? No M mirrors and doesn’t look like long beach blue?

I’m sceptical tbh. We shall find out shortly!