As with every new BMW model launch, we take a stab at the lengthy press release to bring you the essential points. First and foremost, the new 2012 BMW M6 Convertible will be the first to arrive in US BMW Center showrooms in June 2012. The BMW M6 Coupe will arrive at US BMW Centers in the late Summer of 2012 as a 2013 model.
- BMW M6 Coupe has a roof made from carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP);
BMW M6 Convertible has a soft-top boasting distinctive “fin” architecture.
- S63Tu 4.4 liter V8 engine with M TwinPower Technology – 412 kW/560 hp at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm, maximum torque: 680 Newton metres (502 lb-ft) from 1,500 rpm; maximum engine speed: 7,200 rpm; engine output 10 per cent higher than predecessor models, maximum torque 30 per cent higher.
- Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.2 seconds (BMW M6 Coupe) or 4.3 seconds (BMW M6 Convertible); 0–200 km/h (124 mph) in 12.6 (13.1) seconds; electronically governed top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) or 305 km/h (189 mph) with M Driver’s Package.
- Weight M6 Coupe unladen (DIN/EU) – 1850kg / 1925kg (4,078 / 4,243lb)
- Weight M6 Convertible unladen (DIN/EU) – 1980kg / 2055 (4,364 / 4,530lb)
- Average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 9.9 litres per 100 km / 28.5 mpg imp (BMW M6 Coupe) and 10.3 litres per 100 km / 27.4 mpg imp (BMW M6 Convertible)
- Auto Start-Stop function
- Seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic; automatic gear selection tuned to deliver optimum traction, Launch Control and Low Speed Assistance
- Bespoke M gear selector
- Newly developed M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles.
- Active M Differential ensures fully variable distribution of drive between the rear wheels
- Weight-to-power ratio – BMW M6 Coupe: 3.3 kg/hp (7.3 lb/hp), BMW M6 Convertible: 3.5 kg/hp (7.7 lb/hp)
- M carbon-ceramic brakes with optimum resistance to fade and wear, and lower weight
- New M kidney grille with black double slats
- Flared wheel arches
- Hallmark M gills with integrated direction indicator bars
- Aerodynamically optimised exterior mirrors and side skirts
- BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line
- Exposed reflectors below the rear lights
- Aerodynamically optimised rear apron with diffuser between the right and left-hand pair of twin exhaust tailpipes;
19-inch (standard) or 20-inch (optional) forged M light-alloy wheels, each with a distinctive interpretation of the familiar M double-spoke design
- Exclusive M sports seats with integrated belt system
- Merino leather upholstery with extended features
- Carbon-fibre interior trim strips
- Adaptive LED Headlights fitted as standard
- Head-Up Display with M-specific information
- High Beam Assistant
- Night Vision with pedestrian recognition
- Lane Change Warning,
Lane Departure Warning
- Rear-view camera and Surround View
- Speed Limit Info
- Internet access
- Bang & Olufsen High- End Surround Sound System
BMW M6 Coupe:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.2 seconds,
acceleration [0 – 200 km/h (124 mph)]: 12.6 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph), 305 km/h (189 mph) with
M Driver’s Package,
average fuel consumption: 9.9 litres/100 kilometres (28.5 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 232 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
BMW M6 Convertible:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.3 seconds,
acceleration [0 – 200 km/h (mph)]: 13.1 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph), 305 km/h (189 mph) with M Driver’s
average fuel consumption: 10.3 litres/100 kilometres (27.4 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 239 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.