Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 7.4 percent in April for a total of 24,951 compared to 26,952 vehicles sold in April, 2015. Year-to-date, BMW brand is down 9.4 percent on sales of 95,564 compared to 105,444 sold in the first four months of 2015. Notable vehicle sales include the BMW 2 Series which increased by 76.4 percent, the BMW X1 which increased 63.3 percent, and the BMW X6 which increased by 16.5 percent.
“April is always a volatile month for BMW with model changeover taking place in some of our very popular X models, and the improving consumer confidence that typically follows the arrival of Spring still developing,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “The numbers for the BMW 2 Series and the BMW X1 show the very strong following our smaller vehicles continue achieving and I expect our high demand X models to show gains as availability improves in months ahead.”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported April sales of 29,747 vehicles, a decrease of 8.3 percent from the 32,428 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 10.1 percent on sales of 111,199 in the first four months of 2016 compared to 123,697 in the same period in 2015.
MINI Brand Sales
For April, MINI USA reported 4,796 automobiles sold, a decrease of 12.4 percent from the 5,476 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 15,635 automobiles sold, a decrease of 14.3 percent from 18,253 automobiles sold in the first four months of 2015.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, April 2016
|%||YTD Apr. 2016||YTD Apr.|
|BMW passenger cars||17,786||19,014||-6.5||65,028||76,865||-15.4|
|BMW light trucks||7,165||7,938||-9.7||30,536||28,579||6.8|
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set an April record with 11,276 vehicles, an increase of 7.8 percent from April 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set an April record with 19,045 vehicles, an increase of 19.2 percent from April 2015.
- The Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 63,844, a 5.3 percent increase from the first four months of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Sales of MINI Certified Pre-Owned set an April record with 1,094 vehicles, up 14.6 percent over April 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales also set an April record with 2,537 cars, an increase of 15.2 percent from April 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 9,063, a 14.0 percent increase from the first four months of 2015.
BMW Motorrad Sales
Sales of BMW motorcycles decreased 26.3 percent in April with 1,244 motorcycles sold compared to the 1,689 sold in April 2015.
Table 2: Motorcycle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, April 2016
|YTD Apr. 2015||%|