The latest addition to the BMW lineup, 4 Series Gran Coupe, made its web debut last week. The first four-door midsize coupe joins the coupe and convertible models in the best looking BMW family, 4 Series.
The new BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe adds a fresh dimension to one of the company’s newest model ranges. It combines the sleek look and sporty character of the 4 Series Coupe with the functionality provided by four-doors and a spacious, flexible luggage compartment.
The launch film below is all about posh, sexiness and seduction.
The 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe arrives in the US in early summer of 2014 with two engine choices: 428i Gran Coupe and 435i Gran Coupe. Globally, at market launch, BMW will offer the 420i, 420d, 428i and 435i models.
- Length – 182.6” (4,638 mm)
- Width – 71.9” (1,825mm)
- Wheelbase – 110.6” (2,810mm)
- Track dimensions – 60.8” (1,545mm) front and 62.8” (1,594mm) rear
- Weight (435i automatic): 3,494 lbs / 3,660 (1585 kg /1660 kg) (unladen, to DIN/EU)
- Seats folded down – 45.9 cu-ft (1,300 liters)
- Trunk – 17 cu-ft (480 liters)
Sport Line – special body elements are highlighted in black, 18-inch or 19-inch light-alloy wheels, black trim strip and a tailpipe embellisher finished in black chrome
Luxury Line - 11 grille slats with chrome-colored fronts and the bright dual crossbar, light-alloy wheels – 18-inch or 19-inch, tailpipe and horizontal trim strip in the rear apron all finished in high-gloss chrome, Ivory White leather exclusive to 4 Series Gran Coupe
M Sport – large air intake up front, the diffuser insert in the rear bumper and rocker panel trim matching the color of the vehicle, M styling 18-inch and 19-inch light-alloy wheels, six exterior colors are offered with M Sport, including exclusive choices such as Carbon Black Metallic (which is available for the first time on any 4 Series) and Estoril Blue Metallic, M Sport brakes with calipers in contrasting blue paint finish.
Transmission- eight-speed sport Steptronic transmission
- Standard Servotronic power steering
- variable sports steering as an option. This uses different steering ratios depending on the amount of lock applied
- aerodynamic drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.27
- M Sport suspension with a firmer spring/damper set-up and more robust front and rear anti-roll bars
- Adaptive suspension – with its focused sporting set-up and electronically controlled shock absorbers
- M Sport brake system – four-piston at the front, two-piston at the rear
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- Active Blind Spot Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Full LED headlights