New photos of the 2013 BMW M6 Coupe surface from the sunny Malaga, Spain where BMW is hosting the press launch of the high-end coupe. Compared to previous official photos, the Sakhir Orange M6 Coupe now sports the previously reported trunk lip spoiler.
The spoiler was announced to UK BMW dealerships via an internal bulletin, but no pricing is available at the moment. The rear lip spoiler will increase down force at high speeds therefore improving the aero dynamics of the car.
BMW of North America has yet to make an official announcement, but we expect some news around this new addition within the next weeks. 2013 BMW M6 Coupe will arrive in late summer and will carry Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices $106,995 (including destination and handling).
Here is a quick summary of what the new M6 Coupe brings to the table:
- High-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, consisting of Twin Scroll Twin Turbo technology, cross-bank exhaust manifold, High Precision Direct Petrol Injection and VALVETRONIC fully variable valve control; hallmark M power delivery headlined by instantaneous responsiveness and a sustained wave of thrust; highest output in the segment; 412 kW/560 hp at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm, maximum torque: 680 Newton metres (502 lb-ft) from 1,500 rpm; maximum engine speed: 7,200 rpm; engine output 10 per cent higher than predecessor models, maximum torque 30 per cent higher.
- Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.2 seconds (BMW M6 Coupe) or 4.3 seconds (BMW M6 Convertible); 0–200 km/h (124 mph) in 12.6 (13.1) seconds; electronically governed top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) or 305 km/h (189 mph) with M Driver’s Package.
- Extraordinarily fine balance between performance and fuel consumption represents major improvement on previous models; average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 9.9 litres per 100 km / 28.5 mpg imp (BMW M6 Coupe) and 10.3 litres per 100 km / 27.4 mpg imp (BMW M6 Convertible); Auto Start-Stop function and further Efficient Dynamics technology as standard; fuel consumption of the respective predecessor models cut by more than 30 per cent.
- Seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic; automatic gear selection tuned to deliver optimum traction, Launch Control and Low Speed Assistance; bespoke M gear selector; newly developed M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles.
- Power sent to the rear wheels; Active M Differential ensures fully variable distribution of drive between the rear wheels. Result is optimised traction and directional stability during dynamic lane changes and when accelerating out of corners.
- High-performance characteristics with outstanding dynamics and precisely controllable handling, thanks to hallmark M harmony in the interplay of powertrain and chassis technology, aerodynamics and weight balance; weight-to-power ratio – BMW M6 Coupe: 3.3 kg/hp, BMW M6 Convertible: 3.5 kg/hp.