BMW NA Vice President Jack Pitney dies in tragic accident

News | August 27th, 2010 by 21
Jack Pitney 063006 655x85511 BMW NA Vice President Jack Pitney dies in tragic accident

An hour ago, we learned that our friend Jack Pitney at BMWNA has died in a tragic accident. Jack has been a supporter of BMWBLOG and helped us with our first live webcast from NYC Auto Show. Jack was a true BMW enthusiast and one of the most interesting people we have interviewed.

Full details are yet to come, but we would like to take a moment to express our condolences. Our heart goes with his family and friends.

This is a very sad for all of us and for anyone that knew him.

Press Release:

It is with great sadness that we inform you that Jack Pitney, BMW of North America Vice President of Marketing, was killed earlier today in a tragic accident while on vacation at his farm.   We don’t have many further details to share with you at this time but wanted you to have the information as quickly as possible.  As we learn more details, we will keep you informed.

21 Responses to “BMW NA Vice President Jack Pitney dies in tragic accident”

1. 1Mc says:

RIP Jack. Hopefully your passing was painless. Condolences to your family.

2. Sam Kramer says:

Condolences from the BMW family. RIP.

3. This is sad news. I’ve never met Jack in person. But, he seemed to really love the BMW brand. I’ll remember him by this cheerful speech he gave in my hometown of MI. Thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time. http://www.bmwusanews.com/video/assets/lowres/flvplayer.swf?file=http://bmwmedia.iconicweb.com/video/249/BMW550Pitney.flv&image=http://bmwmedia.iconicweb.com/video/249/BMW550Pitney.jpg&height=290&width=480

4. bob says:

This is indeed very sad. I’ve exchanged emails with him; and, he was, as you’d expect, a true BMW professional.

5. X5SoB says:

Horrible, horrible news. He was a true asset and will be missed by BMW. Deepest condolences to his family and friends. Was he driving a BMW?

6. M5POWER says:

Condolences to his family members and friends. Rest in Peace Jack, we all BMW family will remember you!

7. Andrew says:

RIP Jack, you will be missed greatly.

8. Jag says:

Condolences to his family, RIP Jack!

9. Tony says:

This is very sad. I met Jack many times and he was a great man. Very passionate and a real people person. This is a huge loss for the BMW community. Jack, may you have a peaceful journey!

10. Tom says:

Oh man.. Rest in peace jack. So sad

11. Giom says:

My sincerest condolences to his family – what a tradgedy! His absence will be felt for years to come. Rest in peace Jack!

12. Andy Hunter says:

Such tragic news. Jack was one of the most down to earth, authentic and collaborative people I’ve ever had the honor of working with. Condolences to his family as well as those at BMW who will miss his leadership and personality.

13. Doug says:

Very sad indeed

14. Rest in peace, my condolences to the family and friends. The bimmer worlds thoughts are with you.

15. BMfan says:

So unfortunate. May God grant his loved ones the strenght to bear the pain of this loss.

16. WayneB says:

Jack was one of my closest friends in High School (John Jay in Cross River, NY). We lost touch over the years, but he was always fun to be around. He used to drive an MGB Midget (I think it was) and he had a huge love of cars even back then. R.I.P. my old friend. Gone too young.