A tradition that we started years back, continues today. As always, we will outline some of the key features of a new BMW model. Today, the newly released 2011 BMW X3, the premium compact Sports Activity Vehicle that enters its second generation production at the end of this year.
Along with the extensive 2011 BMW X3 photo gallery and press release, here are some of the main key points of the new BMW X3.
Stay tuned for more information, photos and videos.
- Available at the end of 2010 in the U.S.
- Manufactured at Spartanburg plant in South Carolina
- New engines, eight-speed automatic transmission, innovative suspension technology and BMW EfficientDynamics.
- Two engine variants at time of market launch: BMW X3 xDrive20d with four-cylinder diesel engine (135 kW/184 bhp) and BMW X3 xDrive35i with straight six-cylinder petrol engine (225 kW/306 bhp). The engine used is the N55 twin-scroll
- Auto Start Stop function featured for the first time in conjunction with six-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW xDrive featured as standard, Performance Control optional.
- Newly conceived suspension technology, electric power steering featured for the first time in a BMW X model, variable sports steering optional.
- First BMW X model with optional Damper Control and Dynamic Drive Control.
- Highest degree of interior variability thanks to folding and 40 : 20 : 40-split rear seat backrests, maximum luggage compartment volume: 1,600 litres.
- Range of BMW ConnectedDrive options: Head-up Display, Internet access, reversing camera with Top View.
BMW X3 xDrive20d
- Straight four-cylinder diesel engine with aluminium crankcase, turbocharger and Common Rail direct injection
- Displacement: 1,995 cc, power output: 135 kW/184 bhp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 – 2,750 rpm
- Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 8.5 seconds
- Top speed: 210 km/h
- Average fuel consumption according to EU: 5.6 litres/100 km
- CO2 emission according to EU: 149 g/km exhaust emission standard: EU5.
BMW X3 xDrive35i
- Straight six-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo, direct injection and VALVETRONIC
- Displacement: 2,979 cc, power output: 225 kW/306 bhp at 5,800 rpm, max. torque: 400 Nm at 1,300 rpm
- Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.7 seconds
- Top speed: 245 km/h
- Average fuel consumption according to EU: 8.8 litres/100 km
- CO2 emission according to EU: 204 g/km
- Exhaust emission standard: EU5