Rumor: BMW X6 M50d 0-62mph in 4.9 sec and 545 lb-ft of torque

Featured Posts, Rumors | December 10th, 2011 by 48
bmw x6 m50d Rumor: BMW X6 M50d 0 62mph in 4.9 sec and 545 lb ft of torque

BMWBLOG learned from our sources that the new and first M diesel, the BMW X6 M50d, will run from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.9 seconds. Furthermore, we learned that the car will output 381 horsepower and 545 lb-ft of torque (740Nm).

The X6 M50d will come equipped with an innovative and unique engine, a tri-turbo six-cylinder diesel. The internal code for the BMW X6 M50d is FH81 and production will begin in April 2012.

The M division will offer the M50d with a revised front hood, included as option number 348.

bmw x6 m50d Rumor: BMW X6 M50d 0 62mph in 4.9 sec and 545 lb ft of torque

But this is not all. We also learned that the “step-brother”, FBMW M550d xDrive will also be equipped with the same powerplant, running to 62 mph in 4.7 seconds. Thanks to the innovative diesel technology, BMW expects a fuel consumption of 6.3 liter per 100 km, or nearly 38 MPG. CO2 levels are 165 g/km.

The FV71 M550d will go in production in March 2012 and will be offered as an European only model.

Stay tuned for more exclusive BMW X6 M50d news in the upcoming weeks!

48 Responses to “Rumor: BMW X6 M50d 0-62mph in 4.9 sec and 545 lb-ft of torque”

1. Anonymous says:

A 5er that goes 0-62 in 4.7 seconds and gets 38 MPG? Sign me up!

2. Bogdan says:

I’m waiting for X6 ///M.
    It will be a diesel?

3. Bangin says:

This is gonna be bangin!

4. Viper says:

I still dont get it why label it as an M product when it simply isnt one. its a modern day diesel engine.thats it.
    on topic.
    very impressive figures! I think no one will match that from a 3l engine , if they used slightly bigger engine 3.5 or 3.9 Id me much happier . maybe Im wrong?
    oh and that fuel consumption is a nonsense , there is no way that this engine in whatever X6 or 5 or 6 series  needs some 6-7liters. I think the best you will be able to do is 8,5l , if you push it hard it will go well above 13l , why do I need such power and torque and 3turbos if Im gonna drive this car like an 80y old.
    if I decide to buy one of these Ill drive it angry every day.

• Bogdan says:

It will not be a true ///M!

It will be something new for BMW. (Like AMG visual pack)
      On this engine you will optionally buy an ///M look (spoilers and Wheels), but no ///M transmission, suspension etc.

Now on X5, you can by ///M pack that include some fenders, ///M steering wheel, and ///M rims, but no spoilers.

• Viper says:

that doesnt answer my question.

• Mrmaxiz says:

Well, they also labeled 1M`s engine as “Powered by M” which clearly is not. That is non-expensive marketing that they can benefit from.

• Bayer Kraft says:

Do you actually know what is inside 1 M engine? Yeah, I knew you did not.

For example, try to push “your” tuned 135i around a track lap after lap, and then you will understand what is done to 1M engine…maybe.

This goes to same gategory when people put more agressive cams and CSL intake to basic e46 M3..then they go, Oh yeah I got CSL engine in my car.

It is not that simple, believe me, been there, done that..

• Anonymous says:

If the engine was designed by the M division then I would say it is an M.

5. BMW The Best says:

GORGEOUS!

6. Anonymous says:

Imagine this engine in the 1 series.

7. Henster says:

How can it get 38mpg? That makes zero sense and to repeat it like this is foolish. The existing X5 35d gets a claimed 19/26 mpg ( http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2012/X5/xDrive35d/Features_and_Specs/X5xDrive35dSpecifications.aspx ), so to claim that this one will not only generate more horsepower and torque, but also get more than 50% better highway MPG, is idiotic.

8. Wang Asrf says:

does the new bmw x6 2012 have 7 seater ??

9. Maruti Swift says:

BMW
    X6 packs eye-catching styling and high-octane performance into the
    body of a midsize SUV.

10. BMW X6 packs eye-catching styling and high-octane performance into the body of a midsize SUV.

11. Cheap Cars says:

When we will see them in the U.S. ???