How to ruin a beautiful BMW 435i

4-Series, Models, Tuning | July 23rd, 2015 by 21
18907763624 af6f48d3f1 b 750x500

While often the aftermarket industry can help you improve the looks of your BMW, there are those few times when they can ruin it. This BMW 435i is the perfect example; at least in our eyes since the beauty is the eye of the beholder.

First, the Alpine White 435i with M Sport Package has been lowered with an air ride to nearly an inch from the ground. Next, a modified set of Vossen VLE-1 wheels in 21 inch size with a shinny paint job were applied to the car, an unusual option for a BMW.

The BMW 435i is powered by a 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, 24-valve engine which develops 300 horsepower.

19530275665 2a0ff09b03 b 750x500

It combines a twin-scroll turbocharger with variable valve control (Double-VANOS and Valvetronic) and high-precision direct injection, allowing for a smooth and efficient power delivery. Not that it matters with this build.

The complete photoshoot of this project can be found in the media gallery below.

19523597532 423168bc48 b 750x500

BMW 435i M-Sport Lowered On Vossen VLE-1 Wheels

21 responses to “How to ruin a beautiful BMW 435i”

1. Mantvis says:

Who ever wrote this article is a complete idiot… ” air ride to nearly an inch from the ground making the ride clearance almost impossible to live with.” That’s the point of AIR SUSPENSION, so you could lower it all the way to the floor, and then raise it when you ready to drive it…

This also made me laugh..
    “Due to the lowering and the large wheel sizes, the wells are fully filled and are likely to rub in certain driving

2. Stephen Garrett says:

So because it’s low and you don’t like the wheels, it’s ruined?? Okay. It’s a sporty lux coupe, not a damn racecar. All the cars that are slammed on coilovers with 21″ HRE’s are just as useless. Arguably even more so, since you know, they can’t raise their car back up at the press of a button.

This isn’t my cup of tea, but it’s no more ruined than the people who have stanced E36 and E46’s, and gaudy shit that Hamman, G Power, and even AC Schnitzer put out. Grow up.

3. petraman says:

Man, those are some tough words… I feel bad for the person that put his heart, soul and bank account into this car. Might not be my taste, but if that’s what floats your boat, then more power to you. Your car is what you make it, and that’s what’s great about the aftermarket industry. Get off your high horse, BMW Blog.

• Horatiu B. says:

Personal opinion. Maybe we were tough on it cause we’ve seen other great builds. The 435i is such a classy car with a balanced design so this one seemed out of proportions. That’s all.

We hear you and next time we will try to use more political correct statements.

4. maxnix says:

Some VIP guy, no doubt.
    Really sad to see.

5. Kaisuke971 says:

Wow guy edited its post quicker than a 918 goes to 60

• Horatiu B. says:

I actually did. Not Vanja. These are my words.

I edited because apparently we were too harsh, so we listened to you and took a softer stance. Personally, I still stand by what I said and I admit that I was wrong about the air suspension.

P.S. How quick is that 918? :)

• Kaisuke971 says:

Oh okay, thanks, i didn’t get to rear the wrong one then.
        Yeah from what i said it was mainly bashing and bullshit…
        918 ? 2 times quicker than the M135i xDrive (yeah actually, exactly 2 times. That’s mind-blowing).

• Horatiu B. says:

Told you, those were my words. I edited the post before publishing. It wasn’t bashing, just what I thought about the car. Nothing more than a personal opinion and based on what I’ve seen since doing this job.

Yes, that’s pretty quick. Wanna see a 918 vs latest Tesla

• Kaisuke971 says:

Oh okay… But you know you have a certain responsibility on this site so… I know the freedom of speech thing but… Well it’s already done, so let’s just forget that.
            Damn the P90D is almost as quick as the 911 Turbo S that’s absolutely insane mate. These guys are mad !

• Horatiu B. says:

I have lots of responsibilities and I don’t think this was irresponsible. Our job is sometimes to call it as we see it, with little to none bias. That’s what I tried to do.

Anyway, all good. Received and understood the feedback

• Kaisuke971 says:

I understand don’t worry. Take care mate, thanks for the content and keep sharing :)

6. Urx Kmz says:

Gotta agree with the article, this build is a mess.

7. jason bourne says:

At least it doesn’t have frozen paint.

And those two F80 M3s with the blue wheels and the orange wheels were ruined even more.

8. oversteer says:

I agree with Horatiu B. This guy should have bought a hoop deville or a donk. then he would get street cred while cruising the hood smoking blunts sippin gin and juice. On a positive note, it is hard to steal those rim while it is sitting on the pavement.

9. the dude says: