We can’t attest to the veracity of this market research, but Market Research World published some interesting facts about BMW owners. It is unknown the age of the data set used, as well as the focus groups, but nevertheless, some interesting findings are made available.
Interesting facts about BMW owners:
- Those who have bought a BMW in the last 3 years are predominately male (53%), down from 60% in 1994.
- They are 46% more likely than the average to be in the ‘playschool parents’ lifestage group.
- BMW owners are 98% more likely to read a ‘broadsheet’ newspaper, than the average adult. They are 84% more likely than the average to be ‘very interested’ in cars and motoring issues in newspapers.
- They are 178% more likely than the average car owner to admit they are very ‘possessive about their car’ and are 84% more likely to ‘love a fast, punchy style of driving.’
- They are also 82% more likely than average adult to have seen advertising at an airport in the past week.• They are 13% more likely than the average car owner to claim to ‘enjoy taking risks’• Two-thirds of all BMW owners are happy with their standard of living, however they are 10% more likely than the average person in full-time employment to ‘worry about work during leisure time’
• BMW owners are 42% more likely than the average adult to ‘spend money without thinking.’ They are 35% more likely than the average to find expensive aftershaves/perfumes irresistible, and 35% more likely to wear designer clothes
• 65% of BMW owners are concerned about “pollution and congestion caused by cars,” with 83% of BMW owners using unleaded fuel.
• They are 28% more likely than the average adult to listen to the radio less than 10 ½ hours a week. They are 41% more likely than the average adult to visit the cinema at least twice a year
• BMW owners are twice as likely as average to play golf
Thanks for the tip Greg!