Benny, our editor at BMWtoday.de, has come across some interesting information regarding the next BMW engine lineup for the 1 Series. We have touched this subject several times and talked about a future four cylinder twin-turbo engine or a rumored four cylinder quad-turbo, but it is interesting to see what other engines BMW has prepared for their fans.
Continue Reading Below
Most of the engines listed below are available exclusively for the European market, so we won’t be seeing them in the U.S:
- 116i – 1.3 liter turbo 136 bhp
- 118i – 1.3 liter turbo 177 bhp
- 120i – 2.0 liter turbo 218 bhp
- 130i – 3.0 liter 272 bhp
- 135is – 3.0 liter twin-turbo 326 bhp
And for the diesel engines:
- 118d – 2.0 liter turbo 150 bhp
- 120d – 2.0 liter turbo 184 bhp
- 123d – 2.0 liter twin-turbo 211 bhp
Thanks for the tip Mauro, and I agree, the 1.3 liter turbo with 177 horsepower is definitely an exciting engine, which I’m sure it will fully take advantage of the EfficientDynamics technology while keeping the performance levels high.
[Source: BMWToday.de ]