Which non-BMW color would you choose for Individual paint?

BMW M, Interesting | May 24th, 2017 by 12
Nardo Gray BMW F80 M3 Gets Aftermarket Upgrades 4 750x500

BMW M has a long history of having great color options for its cars. Over the years, there’s been such iconic colors as Laguna Seca Blue, Dakar Yellow and Imola Red. These colors are all far more desirable among fans of BMW M than, say, Schwartz Black Metallic. If you see an E46 M3 in Laguna Seca Blue for sale, it will be worth far more than a black or silver one. However, BMW isn’t the only brand with great, iconic colors. So, sometimes, BMW M owners want a color from another brand’s stable of shades. To get these colors, you can either have the car wrapped in them, but that rarely looks as good, or you can get a BMW Individual paint color and really get whatever you want.

Admittedly, if you want your M3 or M4 painted with an Individual color that you choose, it will cost you. But it can be worth it to have your M car stand out from the rest of them on the road. Especially if yours is painted with another brand’s color. So, if you were to choose another brand’s color for your BMW M car, which would it be?

bmw m3 with competition package and ferrari red paint 1 750x422

BMW M3 Competition Package in Ferrari Rosso Corsa

We’ve seen quite a few over the years. For example, we’ve seen BMW M cars painted in Ferrari’s Rosso Corsa red, which looks awesome. That one is a bit more understandable, as having a Ferrari color on a BMW M3 that costs about a fifth of the Ferrari is pretty cool. However, some fans go a bit more blasphemous by getting cool colors from competing brands. For instance, we’ve seen some BMW M cars painted in Audi’s famous Nardo Grey. We’ve also seen Ferrari’s Grigio Medio. So there’s quite a lot of fans who want another brand’s color on their car.

Personally, if I were to buy a new M car with an Individual paint color, I’d probably go with one of two options. I really like Audi’s Nardo Grey myself. It’s just the right amount of flash and subtly to me and looks really on on the BMW M3, especially. If I were to go for another color, it’d be McLaren’s simply named “McLaren Orange“. There’s something really exotic and really sharp about the color that I like a lot. Especially if I were getting some carbon fiber M Performance bits added to it, as the contrast between the bright orange and carbon fiber has always been a color combination I’ve liked.

So which non-BMW color would you choose for your Individual paint?

12 responses to “Which non-BMW color would you choose for Individual paint?”

1. darex says:

Grigio Medio looks a lot like my MINI F56’s Space Grey, which I still love the look of. It’s a semi-metallic.

2. Fritz says:

Because Oxford Green and Ruby Red II are available. I will go with Jaguars British Racing Green, Firenze Red, Odyssey Red and Rosello Red.

Jaguar has quite a few nice colors I must say. I like the diversity in colors they offer on each model. (excluding the F-Type)

3. Kaisuke971 says:

Rolls Royce’s Royal Blue. On an M6 Coupe it’d be absolutely magnificent.

4. Black335GT says:

I’d just go for regular old BMW Carbon Black. Its the color my X5M was, and the color my 335GT was going to be, until they told me it wasn’t offered and would be $3k extra.
    Though Cadillac Black Diamond metallic would work too. Had it on my CTS-V and people used to gush over how pretty it was.

5. evoiii67 says:

I vote for Dakar Yellow…

I had a Euro E36 M3 in Dakar and almost ordered an E92 in the same color as an individual color, but opportunity knocked at the last minute with a pre-ordered Valencia Orange 1M while negotiating the E92 back in 2011, so I took it and never looked back…

6. 3laine says:

Porsche Signal Green or Lotus Krypton Green / Isotope Green

7. Kevin Shields says:

Porsche’s Voodoo Blue

8. manuelf says:

Lamborghini color Grigio Telesto Pearl. It is quite popular recently…, and I’ve already a M4 on order in that color.

9. Gianluca says:

I will buy a brand new M4 Tanzanite blue metallic !!! Cheers ;)ù

10. Corinna says:

Hi there, I’m writing my PhD thesis on brand personality perception and brand desirability in an intercultural context: https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/vellnagel_TU_Chemnitz/85cc/

This goes out to my German, US American and Chinese fellows, as those
    are the markets I focus on. Thanks a lot for participating and sharing
    the link. C

11. Merei Abdulatife Jamal says:

Can anyone help me. I am searching for the composition of nardo gray color to paint my car . Any one with the answer . Thanks