2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 4 to take on BMW M6 Gran Coupe

3-Series | March 18th, 2017 by 18
bmw m6 gran coupe COTA 98 1024x6821 750x500

We still have a few years of the gorgeous BMW M6 Gran Coupe, the four-door 6 Series variant that may very well be the best looking modern BMW. Before it leaves us, it will gain another competitor — the 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 4.

It’s not surprising that Mercedes-AMG wantsΒ to develop such a car, as these sorts of four-door coupes are growing increasingly popular. While Mercedes-Benz already has the CLS-Class, this car will be far more performance oriented. Although it will share its name with the AMG GT, it will actually be based on Mercedes’ new E-Class platform, so it will still be sedan-based. The next Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class will also be larger and more luxury oriented than this car, which will be performance oriented.

2018 Mercedes AMG GT C GT S 103 876x535 750x458

Mercedes-AMG GT

The BMW M6 Gran Coupe is on its last legs but, hot damn, it’s still good looking. The other cars in this class thatΒ compete areΒ the Audi S7 and Porsche Panamera Turbo, which are also very good looking and very good cars. So the Mercedes-AMG GT 4 (as it’s reported to be called) will have some stiff competition.

Expect the same 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8 from the Mercedes-AMG GT and the same seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. This powertrain is a beast in the AMG GT so it should be fun and exciting in a four-door car.

[Source: Motor Trend]

18 responses to “2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 4 to take on BMW M6 Gran Coupe”

1. Icebreakerr says:

How will it when there will be NO M6 GC. by the time the AMG GT4 is out the M6 wont be in production

• Kaisuke971 says:

With the M8 Gran Coupe then…

• Icebreakerr says:

but that will be unfair on the amg gt4 cause it will get in fucked in the ass in every aspect by the M8 GC :)

• Icebreakerr says:

kaisuke quick question in your country is diesel more popular than petrol? here in the UK its full of diesels my dad hates diesels and hes looking for a new car. petrol only I suggested 540i xdrive its expensive but it has all the tech luxury performance a car needs. he also wants a prestige brand so the bmw 5er ticks all the boxes. we went to merc also just to see E class. and even the dealer was like the e220d are basically taxis so he didnt want that even the C class looked better than the E class imo. E coupe was okay in person. in the UK e class have no petrol models only petrol version is the full amg. I told him to wait for the new 6 Gran turismo he loves the GT type back for golf clubs etc but I have a feeling just because it has the 6er badge on it BMW will increase the price of the GT

• Kaisuke971 says:

Yeah during the last 15-20 years the French government has pushed Diesel like it was the new messiah or something, so people here think diesel is better. That’s slowly changing though and the (stupid) government is backing up now giving 10 000€ to everyone changing from a diesel to a non-diesel car (because they know the emissions, especially the NOx) are horrible for our health), but still diesel cars make more sales.

To be honest i don’t really mind because diesels have lots of torque in the bottom of the rev range, so for a daily it’s ideal. But if i was to buy a daily with the budget your father has, right now, i’d go for an hybrid. They have the torque of the diesels but they’re cleaner (possibly less expensive to own as well since they use less fuel), only problem they’re a bit heavy.

The 530e seems to be a nice option since it has some weight reduction to make up for the batteries’ weight.

• Icebreakerr says:

Oh I see I think UK is doing the same stupid goverment is changing it lol i’ll suggest the 530e to him seems like the perfect option :D

• Kaisuke971 says:

You know what i looked it up and the 530e doesn’t make nearly as much torque as i thought, and it’s not quite close to the 530d in terms of straight line perf so the 540i might be a better option (plus it handles better as it’s lighter).

• Icebreakerr says:

o lol he like the idea of the 540i he wants it in xdrive i said to him its a pretty fast car he was just like ye.. but then I was like I dont think you realise how fast it is lol then he got excited xD

• Icebreakerr says:

no one will ever find this comment except me and you. that hasan is so triggered LMFAOOOOOOOOOO i was gna troll back but didnt need to you roasted him without even trying lmaooo he knows your right he just cant face the truth he will always change the subject to interior or sound πŸ˜‚ he thinks the m550i uses a inline 6 LOL

• Kaisuke971 says:

Bruh that dude is so pathetic, i actually defended him on some videos and look how he tries to expose me, what a bitch πŸ’€ And every time he is proven wrong he just ignores it and goes on about something else πŸ˜‚

• Icebreakerr says:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I know hes so two faced I even said youre not like this at all hes just triggered he cant handle it i couldnt stop laughing at what legend said “thelegend2751 minutes ago Poor boi he cant handle it, guys go easy on him he might kill himself tonit :'(ο»Ώ” LMAOOOO more people have joined in saying its fake he still repeating the same shit going mad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Icebreakerr says:

I just caught up on the comments hes so delusional πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ive spammed out his comments saying “why are you shouting at me I thought we were friends :(” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Icebreakerr says:

yo i can see people writing + the truth im 10000000% thats steven F. someone put I killed him ages ago lmfao I wish i could see the convo mann hes got me blocked. remember that time when i said im pissed off and i messaged you when you told me to ignore i did the opposite and had a full arguement it was exactly like your thing with hasan everyone was on my side he was just losing and he couldnt handle it every thing he said i counter it Lol someone told me he actually went to see a doctor πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he lost so bad he blocked me in the end

• Kaisuke971 says:

I’m not responding to these fools anymore fuck that shit πŸ˜‚

• Icebreakerr says:

i cant stop laughing at namsu i bet that steven truth guy is posting pics of stats and pics of google plus cars i was dying when he put “the white ugly ML has turned yellow like them old fridges that go white to yellow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ’€” LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NHJADUHNFAOIFUJAOIAJE0 XDDDDDDDDD

• Icebreakerr says:

AND this 1 “broke ass with his $1000 s class with fake amg badges on the back pretending youre driving a maybach” πŸ˜‚ toooo funny

2. Icebreakerr says:

Mercedes plan with the AMG GT4 is to make a Direct rival to the Panamera. the CLS will be less performance and less sporty and will try be more luxury and position itself between the E and S. and i doubt there will be a CLS63 version cant see it on the line up.cause the AMG GT4 will be there which uses the E class chasis anyway so it wouldnt make sense to make a cls63..