Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 10.3 percent in June for a total of 28,855 compared to 32,176 vehicles sold in June, 2015. Year-to-date, BMW brand is down 9.0 percent on sales of 153,436 compared to 168,623 sold in the first half of 2015.
Notable vehicle sales include the BMW 7 Series which increased 69.2 percent, the BMW 2 Series which increased 139.4 percent, and the BMW X3 which increased 69.5 percent.
“The mid-point to the year always brings some uncertainly about what may be ahead in the second half, so I’m very pleased to see several of our key models showing strong results in June,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “The X1 and X3 are indicative of the still growing trend toward Sports Activity Vehicles, but the numbers also show that great cars like the BMW 7 Series and 2 Series have a strong appeal and following.”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported June sales of 33,769 vehicles, a decrease of 11.9 percent from the 38,350 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 10.2 percent on sales of 178,580 in the first half of 2016 compared to 198,883 in the same period in 2015.
MINI Brand Sales
For June, MINI USA reported 4,914 automobiles sold, a decrease of 20.4 percent from the 6,174 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 25,144 automobiles sold, a decrease of 16.9 percent from 30,260 automobiles sold in the first half of 2015.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, June 2016
|%||YTD June 2016||YTD June
|BMW passenger cars||19,959||20,529||-2.8||105,254||119,085||-11.6|
|BMW light trucks||8,896||11,647||-23.6||48,182||49,538||-2.7|
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set a June record with 10,158 vehicles, an increase of 8.9 percent from June 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set a June record with 17,420 vehicles, an increase of 15.6 percent from June 2015.
- The Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 98,767, a 6.0 percent increase from the first half of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In June, MINI Certified Pre-Owned sold 1,003 vehicles, a decrease of 4.6 percent from June 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sold 2,284 vehicles in June 2016, a decrease of 5.7 percent from June 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 13,667, a 5.4 percent increase from the first half of 2015.