Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 10.7 percent in February for a total of 22,498 compared to 25,201 vehicles sold in February, 2015. Year-to-date, BMW brand is down 8.2 percent from the same period last year with sales of 40,580 vehicles.
Notable vehicle sales include the BMW X1 which increased 60.2 percent, the BMW X3 which increased by 19.5 percent, and the BMW 2 Series which increased by 107.5 percent.
“February showed again the accelerating pace of BMW Sports Activity Vehicles is clearly more than a trend with our X models accounting for 45% of sales this past month,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “With Spring only three weeks away and the travel season on the horizon, the growing success of the 7 Series and the 2 Series also makes us confident there’s more to come.”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported February sales of 25,337 vehicles, a decrease of 12.4 percent from the 28,921 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 8.7 percent from the same period last year with 46,657 vehicles sold.
MINI Brand Sales
For February, MINI USA reports 2,839 automobiles sold, a decrease of 23.7 percent from the 3,720 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA sales are 6,077 vehicles, a 12.5 percent decrease from the same period last year.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, February 2016
|%||YTD Feb. 2016||YTD Feb.
|BMW passenger cars||13,777||17,059||-19.2||26,626||30,656||-13.1|
|BMW light trucks||8,721||8,142||7.1||13,954||13,526||3.2|
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In February, BMW Certified Pre-Owned sold 8,649 vehicles, down 6.0 percent from February 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sold 14,887 vehicles in February 2016, a 1.7 percent decrease from February 2015.
- The Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 28,630, a 3.7 percent decrease from the first two months of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Sales of MINI NEXT (certified pre-owned) set a record with 1,046 vehicles, up 33.2 percent over February 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales also set a record with 2,231 cars, an increase of 22.1 percent from February 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 4,084, an 11.9 percent increase from the first two months of 2015.
BMW Motorrad Sales
Sales of BMW motorcycles in February declined 3.4 percent with 795 motorcycles sold compared to the 823 sold in February 2015.
The S 1000 RR was the best-selling model in February with 173 deliveries compared to 98 this time last year, helping S-Series volumes grow by 69 percent. Growth also came from the luxury touring K 1600 GTL Exclusive (+17%) and the middleweight F 800 R roadster (+14%). February saw the first deliveries of the new for 2016 C 650 Sport and C 650 GT maxi-scooters and the updated 2016 model F 700 GS and F 800 GS ahead of the March season start.
Table 2: Motorcycle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, February 2016
|YTD Feb. 2015||%|