Do you need anything more than a BMW 320d?

3-Series, Videos | June 25th, 2015 by 8
2015 bmw 3 series sedan images 03 750x500

Chris Harris borrowed a BMW 320d to travel to the Nurburgring for a VLN race and impressed by the car, he poses the question: Do you need anything more than a BMW 320d?

The little 2.0 liter four banger produces 190 horsepower at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque between 1750-2500 rpm. From 0 to 100 km/h, the 320d GT needs 7.7-7.8 seconds (automatic/manual). The fuel consumption is rated at 4.3-4.6 liter per 100 km (automatic/manual).

2015 bmw 3 series sedan images 09 750x500

CO2 emission is 118-125 g/km.

The BMW 320d actually delivers a perfectly acceptable amount of power and astonishingly good fuel economy, so Harris goes on about it for quite a while. He has a few nitpicky things to say about the interior, but overall, he’s pleased with the little diesel.

8 responses to “Do you need anything more than a BMW 320d?”

1. Kaisuke971 says:

A BMW 320d M Sport Package apparently

2. jason bourne says:

Bravo, Chris.

3. szy says:

Obviously Chris tested pre-lifted version, so way you used 2016 gen photos in atricle?

4. Max says:

Simple answer: No, you dont!
    It is the perfect balance between efficiency, costs, power, the perfect every day car, espcially in Germany.
    Drove it a few times from North to South and back (850km each way). Amazing consumption, even at 200km/h cruise control it was at around 7.5-8l/100km and I always needed under 6hours of driving for the one way.
    And because of its weight advantage it is as quick as a 530d or Audi A6 3.0 TDI etc. you can easily go 245km/h. I would probably take an 120d/220d instead, but in general this engine, and this car is enough for everyone, especially as a Touring ;)

5. Stephen Garrett says:

I have found myself asking this lately. Having just traded my modded N54 E90 with the intentions of buying another BMW after I paid of my other car in a few months, I keep wondering if I should spend 35-40K on the E92 M3 that I want, or if I should just buy the 1 year old 320i Sport Pkg 6MT with 10K miles that’s 100 miles away from me for 27K.

6. Mike Vella says:

I was looking around online for CPO or barely used 328d’s to see the price after watching his video – this car when outfitted right might be the best value sports sedan on planet earth when bought used –

Alpine white, 19K on the odo, MSport, tech pack, heated seats, etc..

7. […] the owners of this beautiful Sapphire Black BMW 320d decided to give this car a different look and the easiest and most affordable way to do that is […]