2016 BMW X1 vs. Audi Q3 vs. Mercedes GLA – Photo Comparison

BMW X1 | June 5th, 2015 by 18
Bild Vergleich BMW X1 F48 Audi Q3 Mercedes GLA 2015 02 750x500

The new 2016 BMW X1 is the talk of the town this week. Karim Habib’s design team, specifically Calvin Luk, have done an amazing job taking the already successful first generation X1 and giving it a premium and sporty look in such a compact format.

To date, over 730,000 copies of the X1 have been sold worldwide, an impressive number by any standards. In the light of this success, it was only a matter of time before other manufacturers also joined the segment. The recently refreshed Audi Q3 and the fledgling Mercedes GLA are two strong contenders in the segment which are giving the X1 a run for its money.

Bild Vergleich BMW X1 F48 Audi Q3 Mercedes GLA 2015 01 750x562

All these cars cater to a very similar audience: youngsters, small families and outdoor people. The age entry-point into the brand is certainly lowered with those small SUVs and they add quickly to the bottom line.

Our image comparison shows the three German entry level SUV from different perspectives, thus providing an idea of ​​the similarities and differences in the design.

Bild Vergleich BMW X1 F48 Audi Q3 Mercedes GLA 2015 04 562x750 Bild-Vergleich-BMW-X1-F48-Audi-Q3-Mercedes-GLA-2015-06

Take a look at the photo gallery below and let us know which design you like best.

[Photos: Bimmertoday]

18 responses to “2016 BMW X1 vs. Audi Q3 vs. Mercedes GLA – Photo Comparison”

1. CDspeed says:

I like all three of them really, although comparatively the Audi’s interior doesn’t look like the interior you’d expect from a premium brand. These may be entry level, but you should feel like your still sitting in a car that represents the brand, which interior wise BMW, and Mercedes-Benz have achieved. If I were looking at the three of them I think it would end up being between the X1, and the GLA.

2. Senne says:

Not even close for Merc and Audi ! :D

• curamrda3 says:

actually … Merc looks for me as the best from those variants…

• Senne says:

Well, to me the Merc looks like a more fancy A Class, but the rear isn’t as beautiful, for me. But I do think the new X1 looks far more premium and modern in comparison to the Merc. But the GLA is way more beautiful than the Audi anyway ;)

• joseph_rma says:

you’re right, it’s slightly bigger A class and it’s obvious. I don’t like this rear end too, that bold, fat taillight styling and that glued-tablet style center screen, but it’s for another story I think

• I test drove the merc and really liked it. The rear end is cool to me and my favorite thing on the car. I’m stuck between a 2016 X1 and the GLA. The audi didn’t do it for me. The merc interior is cooler than the X1 but I’ve only seen the 2015 x1 inside. For the price you real feel the car is much more expensive. The issue for me is the service centers at the BMW is amazing. If the car will be at the shop for over a certain amount of time they have a rental place inside the service area. Awesome. No down time no getting picked up and dropped off. I hate wasting that time and it’s worth a few extra bucks to have that luxury. Merc charges $50 per month for that privilege. BMW doesn’t

• joseph_rma says:

It’s again personal taste, for me personally, this styling, not it’s bad, far from it, but I don’t find it pretty. I actually didn’t drive the GLA but have been in and around one and yes, you can feel that Merc convenience, expensivness, especially with much chrome and alluminum they putting in. But again I’d probably take new generation X1, if I were shopper for small crossovers. And that maintance suitability is great.

• Horatiu B. says:

It does come down to that. No doubt. Both cars look good, the X1 just a bit more fresh

3. fathornyblackandjoe says:

As far as exterior styling goes, I think the Mercedes looks like the best of the bunch. I like the BMW best for the interior design, though.

4. Ryan Antell says:

Range Rover Evoque every time

5. joseph_rma says:

X1 and GLA are more competitive, Q3 looks and feels more cheap inside, and outside it’s for young women showing off.
    For me, X1 is the winner, may be subjective but not exactly.

6. Alex Norris says:

Mercedes, looks more interesting, and it has nice interior too

7. oblio9090 says:

Hopefully the new X1 will be taller, at least 64″ height with easy ingressegress, otherwise it’s just a cramped overpriced station wagon.

8. jctejada says:

Exterior: 1st BMW X1, 2nd Mercedes GLA, 3rd Audi Q3

9. jctejada says:

Interior: 1st Mercedes GLA, 2nd BMW X1, 3rd Audi Q3

10. jctejada says:

Luxury: Mercedes GLA, 2nd BMW X1, 3rd Audi Q3

11. jctejada says:

Sportiness: 1st BMW X1, 2nd Mercedes GLA, 3rd Audi Q3

12. […] in profile. It roughly has a arrange of “big prohibited hatch” demeanour to it, most like a Mercedes-Benz GLA Class, a automobile that is indeed cooler than it […]