Wards Automotive has named the winners of its 10 Best Interior award and BMW is present on the list with its i3 electric vehicle. Three sedans, two 5-door hatchbacks, two pickup trucks, two CUVs and a minivan round out the 2015 Ward’s 10 Best Interiors.
In 2014, the Wards list included four cars with a price above $68,000, including the Rolls-Royce Wraith. This year, the most expensive car on the list is the all-new Mercedes C-Class sedan, priced at $65,000.
“It’s important that great interiors be available in every class of vehicle, not just luxury models that most consumers will never be able to afford,” says WardsAuto World Editor-in-Chief Drew Winter.
“In this year’s competition, we saw a lot of evidence that automakers are thinking creatively about interiors and putting a lot of design horsepower into not just luxury vehicles, but pickups, minivans and family sedans. And they are investing more in high-quality trim materials, electronic features and other details that will surprise and delight shoppers,” Winter says.
Here’s the full list of this year’s winners:
- 2014 BMW i3 ($52,550)
- 2015 Chrysler 300C Platinum ($51,175)
- 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch ($60,675)
- 2015 GMC Canyon SLT ($40,465)
- 2015 Honda Fit EX-L ($21,590)
- 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited ($33,205)
- 2015 Kia Sedona SXL ($43,295)
- 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring ($33,395)
- 2015 Mercedes C400 ($65,000)
- 2015 Nissan Murano SL ($41,905)