Best Movies Featuring BMWs

Interesting, Others | February 23rd, 2015 by 13
BMW Z8 750x500

As you may know, if you’ve read one of my first articles on BMWBLOG, the 7 Series driver by Jason Statham in the film The Transporter is the car that jump started my love of BMWs. So it got me thinking — what other movies feature great BMWs? So I’ll list my top three favorites.

3. The World Is Not Enough – BMW Z8

BMW Z8 750x540

My love for James Bond films matches my love for Bavarian cars. However corny (Roger Moore era Bond) or gritty (Daniel Craig era Bond) they may be, I’m a fan. While the Pierce Brosnan’s Bonds aren’t some of my favorites, there’s no denying the icy-coolness of the BMW Z8 in “The World Is Not Enough”. I just wish it was featured in a better Bond movies…and that it didn’t get cut in half.

2. Ronin – E34 M5

bmw m5 roning 750x316

With possibly one of the best car chases in any movie, Ronin delivers big on the gear-head scale. It features an excellent car chase between Robert DeNiro in a Peugeot 406 and Natascha McElhone in an E34 BMW M5. Excellent, gritty and realistic are that can describe the chase.

1. The Transporter – BMW 735i

transporter-bmw

That car, to me at least, is absolutely perfect. In the film, Jason Statham’s character, Frank Martin, drives a black on black 735i with a 6-speed manual. It doesn’t get much cooler than that. Here are many chase scene in the movie and the ones featuring his car are the only ones worth watching. While the movie isn’t great as an actually movie, the 735i is worth watching it for.

There a probably quite a lot of films featuring BMWs but these are my favorites. Let us know which movies with Bimmers you like.

13 responses to “Best Movies Featuring BMWs”

1. Tentpole says:

Though not considered a move, the Hire series is the reason I bleed BMW

2. VV says:

fracture, with anthony hopkins and ryan gosling. gosling’s character drives a 3.0 CS

3. Vincent Li says:

As silly of a 90s movie as it was, I found the E36 325is to be the star of The Chase with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson

4. GrouiK says:

Don’t forget the chase scene from Tomorrow never dies, with the beautiful 750iL :)

5. Lawrence says:

What about the mission impossibles? Shame, the poor pigeon in that picture above is probably no longer with us:(

6. miketcho says:

Here are couple of movies where the BMWs are featuring:
    1. “The best offer”: there are 2 BMWs in it: the 6 series Gran Coupe and (I guess) BMW 3.0 CS (could be wrong about this last);
    2. “The gambler” – BMW 1M;
    3. “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” – towards the end of the movie the chase by 3 BMW M5 E39;
    4. “The Tuxedo” – BMW Z8;
    5. “The Bourne Supremacy” – BMW 3 series E30 and 7 series E65
    6. “The Game” with Michael Douglas – BMW 7 series E38.

7. miketcho says:

Here are couple of movies where the BMWs are featuring:
    2. “The gambler” – BMW 1M;
    3. “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” – towards the end of the movie the chase by 3 BMW M5 E39;
    4. “The Tuxedo” – BMW Z8;
    5. “The Bourne Supremacy” – BMW 3 series E30 and 7 series E65
    6. “The Game” with Michael Douglas – BMW 7 series E38.

8. Lisa S. says:

The transporter 735 is still my dream car. And I generally don’t even like 7 series, but that one looks fast and sleek. I do watch that movie just for the BMW scenes. I’m mad every time they blow up the bimmer and Statham switches to Mercedes. But clearly his car choices go downhill fast after the bimmer, starting with that stinkin’ Mercedes. Ewww

9. […] Now, I’m usually one to poke fun at the E34 BMW 5 Series. It’s my least favorite 5er and one of my least favorite BMWs. My parents had two, so I’ve had plenty of time in them and behind the wheel. The E34 just never did it for me, it always felt a bit too sloppy and heavy. It’s not a bad car, per say, but it’s just not a favorite of mine. Plus, I never thought the styling worked very well, it was just too boxy, even for it’s time. However, the E34 M5 is still a great car and one to be appreciated, thanks to its 3.8 liter S38B38 engine that developed 340 horsepower. It’s also the car driven in that awesome car chase in the movie Ronin. […]