Alpina XD3 LCI Commercial Revealed

BMW X3, Models, Videos | February 4th, 2015 by 11
BMW ALPINA XD3 BITURBO 011 750x500

Today, Alpina has released their Alpina XD3 LCI commercial. It showcases the step forward with one of the most interesting all-wheel drive models for this company.

Alpina has been producing luxurious and performance oriented cars for decades. While not as popular as the BMW M models, they serve a niche of customers looking for luxury, performance and appeal in a single package.

“The secret of the success of the XD3 Bi-Turbo is the perfect mix of driving performance, traction and efficiency paired with characteristics typical of SAVs,” says the Buchloe-based automaker. “These include the high sitting position, prestigious design language, good suitability for everyday use and practical exterior dimensions.”

BMW ALPINA XD3 BITURBO 03 750x563

The Alpina XD3 is at once startlingly quick. From the X3 35d’s twin-turbo six-cylinder they’ve wrung an extra 37 hp (making 350 hp) and 50 lb-ft of torque (for a whopping 516). Sprint time is now 4.9 seconds with a top speed of 158 mph.

The unquestionably most recognizable exterior trait of the Alpina XD3 are the wheels. No doubt for many this is the thing that separates Alpina’s models from everyone else. Alongside the uprated diesel engines available, the exterior and interior modifications make this the next step for BMW owners who want something that has out of the box written all over it.

Take a look at the new commercial for the Alpina XD3 LCI right below.

11 responses to “Alpina XD3 LCI Commercial Revealed”

1. Lawrence says:

Oh Wow! Where was this filmed. The scenery is so beautiful!

2. João Resende says:

Usually, aren’t Alpinas based on the regular BMW ?

That one has the M-Pack bumpers.

• Horatiu B. says:

They are based on BMW cars, but they have their own production process after BMW hands them over. They get modified a lot

• João Resende says:

Yes I know. Its just that I think this is the first Alpina I see based on the M-Pack. Usually they just add the lip to the regular bumper, but this one as the M-Pack.

• Jeremy Snyder says:

i was watching some Alpina videos on YouTube today to learn more about them– after being inspired by the really sharp looking LCI XD3!! (Looks sooo much better than the previous XD3, in my opinion…)… Anyway, someone did a review of the older XD3 and said that the donor vehicle came w/ M-Sport– so, I’m guessing the same for the refreshed XD3…

• Horatiu B. says:

3. João Resende says:

Usually, aren’t Alpinas based on the regular BMW ?

That one has the M-Pack bumpers.

4. Michael says:

I want one but I’m very dissatisfied with the extremely limited selection of Alpinas available to American consumers. I’d like to be able to choose from at least more than one model.

5. Michael says:

6. Jeremy Snyder says:

Incredibly sharp looking!! I’ve never been crazy about their classic wheel style, but they’re definitely a great car. REALLY good looking X3– I’d take the Alpina XD3 over the “bolt-on” look of the X3 w/ M-Sport any day!!! (Even w/ those wheels…… haha)