BMW introduces the new 3 Series Gran Turismo. The third body variant in the 3 Series family will cater to those customers looking for the ultimate luxury vehicle in the midsize premium segment that will offer a dynamics, sportiness and versatility.
The car is visually described by its four-doors with frameless windows, a coupe-like roofline, innovative tailgate and in some models, an active rear spoiler.
The new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo is 200 millimeters longer in total than the BMW 3 Series Touring, comes with a 110-millimeter longer wheelbase and stands 81 millimeters taller.
As always, we took the lengthy press release and extracted only the essential information.
- 4,824 millimetres long, 1,489 millimetres tall, 1,828 millimetres wide and with a 2,920-millimetre wheelbase
- front and rear passengers all benefit from a seating position raised by 59 millimetres
- 70 millimetres of additional legroom over the Sedan and Touring
- 520 litres of boot capacity, 25 liters more than BMW 3 Series Touring
- 40:20:40 split/folding rear seat bench with folding head restraints and tilt-adjustable backrests (increase cargo capacity to 1,600 liters)
- Sport Line, Luxury Line or Modern Line equipment packages, or with the optional M Sport package, which will already be available from July 2013
- Entry level engine: 105 kW/143 h
- High-end engine: 225 kW/306 hp and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft)
- BMW 335i Gran Turismo accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 5.4 seconds
- BMW 335i GT – 7.7 litres per 100 kilometres
- BMW 328i GT – 6.4 litres per 100 kilometres
- BMW 328i Gran Turismo sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in a mere 6.1 seconds
- Two 2.0-litre diesel engines powering the BMW 320d Gran Turismo and BMW 318d Gran Turismo
- BMW 318d GT – 4.5 litres per 100 kilometres
- xDrive variants of the BMW 320i, 325d, 328i, 335i and 320d Gran Turismo
- Six-speed manual gearbox as standard
- Eight-speed automatic
- Slightly forward-slanting kidneys
- Bonnet, meanwhile, has smoother contours than the Sedan and Touring
- Side Air Breathers
- Air Curtains
- Smart Opener for tailgate (part of the ComfortAccess option)
- 12 paint finishes
- Kalahari Beige metallic, Midnight Blue metallic and Sparkling Brown metallic shades are reserved exclusively
- Estoril Blue metallic for M Sport package
- M Sport brakes with callipers in contrasting blue paint finish
Full press release and info can be found here.