Chris Harris ON CARS: BMW M135i vs Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag-race

Videos | October 17th, 2012 by 16
bmw m135i vs audi rs3 Chris Harris ON CARS: BMW M135i vs Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag race

Chris Harris gives us one the most anticipated car comparisons: BMW M135i v Audi RS3. In the UK, the BMW M135i is about £10,000 cheaper …

In the UK, the BMW M135i is about £10,000 cheaper than the RS3 while weighing 15 kilograms.

The Audi RS3’s 2.5-liter five cylinder turbo drives all four wheels via a seven speed dual clutch automatic gearbox, and delivers 335 bhp and 450 Nm of torque. The RS3 is able to rev up to 6,800 rpm and sprints to 100km/h (62 mph) in 4.6 seconds.

The BMW M135i is the first BMW M Performance Automobile with a petrol engine. It is powered by a 3-liter, straight six-cylinder engine and 235 kW/320 hp and 450 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm. The M135i runs from standstill to 62 mph (100 km/h) in just 4.9 seconds.

bmw m135i vs audi rs3 655x357 Chris Harris ON CARS: BMW M135i vs Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag race

Can a sub M-car beat Audi’s premium fast car representation?

16 Responses to “Chris Harris ON CARS: BMW M135i vs Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag-race”

1. ///MPOWER says:

Know that’s what I’m talking about, “experience driver” dunking it out with two of the very best premium cars in the world, i wish Mercedes Benz was there. So, what do the Audi Boys have to say about this? who’s being “mediocre” know?, Audi rs is the “best” (they claim), is that really so?

2. BMW BEST says:

understeer…understeer…UNDERSTEER!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!Now where are those Audi fan boys??

3. fredyschiftan@aol.com says:

Chris is the best and my favorite car tester out ther, he can teach all those other clowns how to test cars with truth abd exoerience . 10,000 difference ! this VW Golf is a lot of money ! but real car people know what to buy……………….

• asd says:

Yeah plus, when people really need awd powerful car. Why take rs3? Why not take the golf R, which is practically the same, I wouldn’t be surprised if golf r was faster AND more quality than the rs3. But seriously BMW, put the goddamn LSD on next time, till then we will have to wait for Quaife diff

• realtrevor says:

I think a proper mechanical LSD is reserved for the ///M derivative, which might come with the coupe version not the hatchback version.

• ///MPOWER says:

Fredy, i really have to agree with you on that “about Chris”, this guy go down to the very last wire to explain how each Car’s potential go up against each other, plus He’s a DAM good & experience driver.

I hope that the Clown’s at C&D and Auto Magazine can imitate Chris Authentic work.

4. Mateo says:

i wasn’t expecting that!
    i mean, i know audi rs3 have a lot of understeer (in every reivew you can hear that from the presenter) and its heavier than 135i BUT this is really suprise….
    …….however
    Chris says that chassis is bad in RS3 and than you remember :
    its a VW Golf 5 actually!!!!! It’s technology from 2003!!!!! even its updated it’s still VW and it’s old!!!

5. Matt Stokes says:

I’d be curious to see how the M135i and the M135i xDrive stack up against each other.

6. auaq says:

Brag as much as you want fellas, but I want that ‘HOONIGAN’ shirt. Where can I find one?

7. MrMaico says:

Great review and video! If I didn’t know better I’d think I was watching a BMW ad. “I’m Mister unimpressed”. LOL

8. digivue says:

I still can’t get over Bimmer’s ugly front.

9. Dutch says: