2012 Leipzig Auto Show: F21 BMW 1 Series Hatchback Three-Door

Auto Shows | June 5th, 2012 by 13
BMW 1er Dreituerer F21 AMI Leipzig 2012 114i 02 750x500

Second body variant was added to the new BMW 1 Series and made its world debut at the 2012 Leipzig Auto Show. The F21 1 Series three-door hatchback underscores the compact model’s sporting characteristics; Sporty, elegant design dynamic handling.

The F21 features wide doors with frameless windows that flow seamlessly into the B pillar. Powerfully contoured side panels accentuate the rear wheel arches. A side sill line extends to the front, underscoring the dynamically stretched character of the vehicle’s silhouette.

BMW 1er Dreituerer F21 AMI Leipzig 2012 114i 08 655x493

Same as the five-door variant, BMW offers the F21 1er in the Sport and Urban Lines, along with the aggressive-looking M Sport Package.

The interior features, sporty appearance and handling profit from increased body length (+85 millimeters), wheelbase (+30 millimeters), track width (front: + 51, rear +72 millimeters) and width (+17 millimeters) in comparison to the predecessor model, with vehicle height remaining the same. A choice of two or three seats respectively at the rear is offered. Luggage compartment is increased by 30 liters to 360 liters.

BMW offers a widened choice of petrol and diesel engines featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo technology; BMW 114i as new entry-level version with 75 kW/102 hp. Also available at market launch are the following variants:

• BMW 116i (100 kW/136 hp), BMW 125i (160 kW/218 hp),
  • BMW 116d (85 kW/116 hp), BMW 118d (105 kW/143 hp)
  • BMW 125d (160 kW/218 hp) and the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics Edition with 85 kW/116 hp, additional fuel efficiency measures and a CO2 emissions level of 99 g/km in the EU test cycle.

Also available from November 2012 are the BMW 118i (125 kW/170 hp), BMW 120d (135 kW/184 hp) as well as intelligent four-wheel drive BMW xDrive featured for the first time in the BMW 1 Series on the models.

BMW 1 Series Hatchback is only offered to European customers.

[Source: Bimmertoday]

13 responses to “2012 Leipzig Auto Show: F21 BMW 1 Series Hatchback Three-Door”

1. magesy says:

im so sorry that 1st series of BMW is SO UGLY!
    I’m disappointed

• bmw BEST says:

Ya until you see it in person

• mckillio says:

It might be ugly but at least it looks new, unlike the last one that was both ugly and looked old.

• Francis Anderson says:

LOOOOOK at mine take a fresh new looooook with teast and an EYE for style you 2 can stand out the second generation 1 series man they r affordable and say something about YOU I have not bought mine 2 impress I BOUGHT MINE TO MAKE MYSELF FEEEEEL GOOD I dont give a f..k what other weeeee people think megesy.
      Frank

2. johnparke says:

When is the coupe coming out? I haven’t even seen any spy shots yet.

• Francis Anderson says:

I had the cuope buddy if u r above 40 its just a waste of money I am a grandpa and my weee darling loves to climb in to my practical 2 door 1 series rather than be manipulated in to a 4 door ureobox buy myself she likes to put it think out of the box man dont listin to the shit from people who hav no clue man.

3. FreudeKing says:

UGLY and DISGUSTING! That’s all I can say. No wonder no one is buying this ugly thing. Te new 1 Series has been on the market for almost a year and I see about 3 on the road a week. Compared to the launch of the previous 1 Series, this is a disaster… and you wonder why BMW is losing market share to Audi like crazy. Well they are just digging their own grave, by allowing these pathetic designers to design such disgusting cars. NOT ONE PERSON I HAVE SPOKEN TO HAS SAID THIS CAR LOOKS NICE… NOT ONE! This says a lot for BMW. You may have a car that is nice to drive, but who wants a car that people hate to see.

• Francis Anderson says:

DOUGHNUT the Golf the Audi R BLAND the 1 series still looks the most INTERESTING DOOOOOOOOOD get a grip you dont have a monopoly on TEAST wake up I am an architect what YOOOOOO DOOOOOO DOUGHNUT clean toilets clean cars pack shelves gardening suck up to someone bigger than U shut it you we PERSON.

• Francis Anderson says:

Hate 2 C ya bawbag

4. BMW Fan says:

You guys think it is ugly, but with Xenon light and the right rims I think it’s a pretty decent looking car. With an M-package I would definitely lease one.