Starting with July production, several changes will occur within the 3 Series family.
The 3 Series Sedan model line will expand starting with July production with the addition of the highly anticipated xDrive variants for the 328i and 335i as well as the launch of the ActiveHybrid 3.
The 328i xDrive and 335i xDrive models will be equipped with the same powerful and fuel efficient engines as the 328i and 335i models.
The vehicles will have the same equipment profile as the rear-wheel drive models except that Sport Suspension (704) will not be included in the Sport and M Sport Line. While all-Season tires are standard in the Sport and M Sport Line on the xDrive models, performance tires (ZPT) are available as a no cost alternative.
Please note that the 328i xDrive model will only be available with an 8-speed automatic transmission, the 335i xDrive will be available in a manual or automatic transmission. Please note that the 335i xDrive model will default to the 8-speed automatic transmission in Online Ordering.
The ActiveHybrid 3 will launch on September 22nd and will set new benchmarks both in performance and fuel-efficiency. The BMW ActiveHybrid 3 will be equipped with a N55 TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine as well as an electric motor with high-performance lithium-ion battery. The combined horsepower of the gas engine and electric motor is 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. The 0-60 mph for the ActiveHybrid 3 is 5.2 seconds. The electric driving range is up to 2.5 miles, with a top electric speed of 47 mph (in ECO Pro mode).
The ActiveHybrid 3 will have the same equipment profile as 335i with the exception of:
- Standard 8.8” iDrive screen with hybrid-specific display
- No Sport suspension (704) in Sport and M Sport Line
- No offer of Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go (5DF)
- 18” Streamline alloy wheels (2A4) available as no-charge option
Both the xDrive and hybrid models will come standard with Auto Start/Stop functionality and Driving
Dynamics Control with ECO PRO. Fuel economy figures will be released closer to market launch.
The 3 Series Design Lines have been updated for MY13. The changes are as follows: Launch of the all-new M Sport Line, priced at $3,850 on 328i models and $3,200 on 335i models.
M Sport Line includes:
- 18” BMW M alloy wheels (all-season tires for xDrive, mixed performance tires for RWD)
- Sport seats
- Aluminum Hexagon interior trim with Estoril blue or high-gloss black accent (Dark Burl
- Walnut wood trim available as no-charge option)
- Sport suspension (not on xDrive and hybrid)
- M steering wheel
- Aerodynamic package
- Exterior shadowline trim
- Anthracite headliner
- The Modern Line, the Black Dakota Leather with Dark Oyster piping (LCL8) now comes with an all-black upper dashboard and steering wheel
- Fineline Anthracite wood trim (4CE) now available on Sport Line on all models for $250
- Deletion of Pearl metallic trim (4DT) on Modern Line, replaced by Dark Pearl metallic trim (4DZ)
- Both the Sport and M Sport Line now come with a choice of All-Season or Performance tires. The RWD models equipped with one of these two Lines will default with 18” Performance tires (ZPT) while the xDrive models will get standard 18” All-Season tires (ZAS). On the 18” wheels, tire types can be swapped at no extra cost. 19” wheels always come with Performance tires.
The following stand-alone options have been released or updated for the MY13 3 Series Sedan:
- Dark Burl Walnut wood trim (4AB) is now available on 328i and 328i xDrive for $500 (no Line required)
- Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go (5DF) is now available on all models but ActiveHybrid 3 for $2,400
- Orion Silver metallic (A92), not available with M Sport Line
- Estoril Blue metallic (B45), released exclusively with M Sport Line