BMW X4 F26 confirmed by BMW CEO

BMW X | September 21st, 2011 by 19
BMW X4  750x500

The long-time rumored BMW X4 has been officially confirmed by Norbert Reithofer, BMW CEO. In an interview with German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, BMW boss goes on record about the upcoming X4 which will be built under the internal codename F26.

The X4 will use the platform of the X3 and will be positioned below the X5 SAV. It will measure 4.65 meters long (183 inches), same length as the F25 X3.

Our own sources say that design wise, the X4 will keep a bloodline with the X3, although the front and rear will be separate designs. The smaller SAC makes use of BMW’s latest design philosophy in which wheelarches are defined by making them more three-dimensional, instead of building them out by adding more technicality and un-needed lines.

BMW X4 F26 Rendering 655x393

The X4 will also inherit the engine lineup from the X3, including both four and six-cylinder petrol and gasoline engines.

Another BMW source related to BMWBLOG that the Spartanburg plant in South Carolina is already preparing for the X4 production lines and plans have been set in motion months ago.

BMW X4 will most likely come to market in 2014.

BMW X4  655x393

[Source: TheophilusChin ]

19 responses to “BMW X4 F26 confirmed by BMW CEO”

1. pimeto says:

Ill pray to the gods, that they strike every designer of BMW out there, to prevent this nonsense of happening!
    Those headlights, from the ugly as hell X3, must never again BE!

2. Giom says:

Great news! Bring on the excuisite beauty!

3. TheLip says:

More choices  great. My wife has been looking for a replacement for her 330 , this might do it.

4. Curtis Lange says:

Looks like a baby X6. As much as I want to hate it, I just can’t. :/

5. La Ma says:

Its basically an X3 in drag. so the lines are ready and it cost so little to make it, yet they can charge a premium. So why the heck not ? Looks better then the 3 GT and 5 GT will ever do, so bring it on !

Plus one more vehicle out of SC means more job security for the folks here.

Not my choice of car, probably never would buy it ever, but there are people who wants these types.
    Looks  no worse then any of  the X’s ( X6 and X3 and X5 ) and looks so much better then the X6 replicas – Acura ZDX, Honda crossoversomething, etc.

6. 123 says:

BMW are making too many models nowadays and they are slowly becoming the new VW.

Mercedes-Benz are getting back to their roots while VW / Audi are trying to become the new BMW.

7. scooternva says:

Hey, I hate the model proliferation as much as the next propeller-head, but I’ve got to be honest–this rendering of the X4 is schweet! If they can avoid plastering the gawdawful 1-series headlights on the X4, I think I’ve found a replacement candidate for my 335i when the lease runs out in 2014.

8. Neutron says:

You guys hate it!  It will probably be a great market success!!!

9. Neutron says:

I’d by the diesel today – if it was ready.

10. Bbg2d says:

Waiting for the M version that has been rumored. As an Alaskan, this vehicle is perfect for me!