Video: 2012 BMW M5 on track at Laguna Seca

BMW M5 | August 21st, 2011 by 15
2012 bmw m5 pictures 932 750x500

At Laguna Seca, BMW introduced to the US market the new 2012 BMW M5. While no test drives were scheduled this week in the M5, a few lucky BMW personnel had the unique opportunity to drive the new M5 on race track during a commercial shoot.

With the 2012 BMW M5, the Garching-based sporty division replaces the naturally aspirated engine with a TwinPower turbocharged V8.

The high-revving 4.4-liter (4395cc) turbocharged uses the BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology, twin-scroll turbochargers, high-precision direct fuel injection, Valvetronic variable valve control and a cross-bank exhaust manifold. 2012 BMW M5 outputs 560 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 501 lb-ft of torque (680 Nm) at 1,500 rpm.

2012 bmw m5 pictures 932 655x433The F10 M5 will make its market debut in Spring 2012. An xDrive version is rumored to launch as an option in the future.

15 responses to “Video: 2012 BMW M5 on track at Laguna Seca”

1. Manny Antunes says:

OK, I messed my shorts!

2. Great footage! Love the M5.

3. kalmankacso says:

beauty!

4. Ahmad Haziq says:

Not going to say anything yet sound because I’ve yet to hear any that is clear enough. Despite that, it’s a beauty – superior to the E60 in my opinion.

5. Ahmad Haziq says:

6. SD Boy Racer says:

Sabine Schmitz should have been the one to introduce the new M5 to the track at Laguna Seca.

7. Anonymous says:

great ,love M5  we are gps suppler at http://www.oemcargps.com

8. Mark Chen says:

A AWD M5 will be named MX5, Ahh..I’m joking

Hey guys, regarding the endless conflict between Audi and BMW on BMWBlog, I always considered it could be a good idea to do something on it…Here is my action:
    I conducted an academic research on the use of “comparative ads” in premium car segment. I highly appreciate the value of your voice, please let me know your stand on the war between Audi and BMW!

This is my questionnaire: https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/3063
    Short! and easy!
    Contact me on Facebook: Mark Chen —if you want to express more!